Button To shut off engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbon_Savage418

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i saw this on HPI last week but can't seem to find it at hpi or tower. it was a button attached to the side of the TVP just in front of the fuel tank and when pushed, extended a larger peice and touched the flywheel causing it to shut off. it was only 5 dollars if i remember correctly. anyone else see this.

thanks. does it seem like a good cheap mod? i think its better than the alternatives like pinching the line and plugging the exhaust.

I saw one at the hpi challenge in Orlando. It seemed to work very well, however I would not recommend one if you race your savage. One of the marshals accidentally shut off the guys truck when flipping it over because he did not know it was there. On a basher rig I think it would be great.

NCNitro said:
I saw one at the hpi challenge in Orlando. It seemed to work very well, however I would not recommend one if you race your savage. One of the marshals accidentally shut off the guys truck when flipping it over because he did not know it was there. On a basher rig I think it would be great.

lol, why did the marshall have his hands in that area in the 1st place? It's called the bumpers/skidplates...lol :doh:

lol, ya, everyone's seen the vid of the kid get smashed in the head by an MT...I almost got smashed in the head by a 1/8 buggy one time....I've wanted a 1/8 buggy every since... :hammer:

Hmm, I have recently got the balls to do it with my finger but it was in idle.

Lol, I tried that once w/ my rush, I couldn't get it to shut off any way I tried after a bad crash. :hammer:

lol, stupid marshalls, if whenever i take it to a race i can just remove it

I had mine shut off from a marshall flipping my buggy w/ his foot...just caught the right angle....I know he didn't do it on purpose........or did he

I got hit in the leg by a 1/10 gas truck going 3/4 throttle trying to clear a double I nearly fell and I had a bruise on my leg for afew days.

Last edited:
JEXTEL said:
I got hit in the leg by a 1/10 gas truck going 3/4 throttle trying to clear a double I nearly fell and I had a bruise on my leg for afew days.

ouch! :OMG:

I was watchin my friend drive his hpi nitro MT one day, and my other friend got in his way so he couldn't see where it was, so it hit my other friend's foot, got airborne, and then the side of the chassis cut into my leg, and left a big 6" bleeding cut... :hammer:

Back