Busted engine :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beddo

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK, so yesterday my TRX 3.3 threw a rod and wrecked the piston.
I can get the spares shipped from the US for about £45, or get a new TRX 3.3 for about £90

Question is, should I take this opportunity to drop in a new motor like a Picco .26 or soemthing?

I've been looking around at my options and as I want to do this as quickly and as cheaply as possible, I was wondering if all engines roughly the same dimensions i.e. is there a standard across the manufacturers, or are they all different? Are the output shafts of the same size for similar size engines and are the exhaust mounts in the same place?
I have the facilitites to make mounting plates etc if the mounting is different so thats not really an issue.

If I do get a different engine, will any of the transmission need adjusting (apart from the clutch)

I hear that the Picco .26 drops straight into the T-Maxx, can anyone confirm/deny this for me?

Cheers,

Beds.

okay,if you are looking to have good time bashing go with the Picco P2 .26
it's a right bolt engine as it was designed to suit Traxxas vehicles and it fits both (Revo and T-Maxx although they are equipped with different mountings)
Picco will give you more power then you will need to move T-Maxx,because Picco is more powerful then TRX 3.3 the gears will wear quicker but you shouldn't have any problems with them but if you would get 3.3 you would have plenty of spares for it which would save you some money.

I have heard a lot of good about the piccos and the os. In MO I would just do the trx engine replacement plan. JMO