Burnt gloplug?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I changed my plug at tank 6 because I thought it was fouled, upon closer examination I thought it looked fine so I put it back in.
Seems to work fine! So I haven't burnt a plug yet. Check out this pic taken today. I have one tank shy of a quart through it. Does it look ok? I know the pic is blurry.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 124
If it works then it's a good indication that the glow plug is fine. Just keep a few spares on hand for emergencies.

Cool, I mean, people say to change after break in but it is just as clean as my new ones.

Plug looks good. Seems to be running a bit lean. The plug should look a bit wet but not loaded up with oil. All dry and shinny means to lean, black and clogged up means to rich.
If you’re bashing, just use it till it blows. If you’re racing, change it at the beginning of each day.

It is a little wet eveytime I take it out! Great, that means my tuning ability is starting to refine.:cheers:

glow plug

The plug looks ok, how hot is your truck running? the coil doen't look too bad but what kind of plug are you using? If you can get them get a McCoy #9. that plug will last forever. thats all i use and you can gat them direct for about $2.20 each.:cheers:

Re: glow plug

Originally posted by Car God
The plug looks ok, how hot is your truck running? the coil doen't look too bad but what kind of plug are you using? If you can get them get a McCoy #9. that plug will last forever. thats all i use and you can gat them direct for about $2.20 each.:cheers:

I'm using the plug that came with the truck. 3020 I think. The truck now can wheelie in reverse just as easy as foward! Temps don;t get above 230 now that it is fully broken in.