Bullet proofing a Losi Baja Rey?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam22es

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys just had some questions for some Baja Rey owners. So I just purchased the 1/10th Baja Rey king shock. I have been running on 3s for about 4 bat cycles now after the 2nd I’m pretty sure the front diff is stripping out. I already changed out the servo after the second run and bound it to a dx5 transmitter. I am absolutely loving this truck as I have a SBR and it’s been great. Just wanting to know what it’s going to take to get this truck to handle the 3s abuse. I plan on putting different wheels /tires, the stocks are too soft ballooned and cracked the fender already. Like I said I just want to know what it’s going to take, I love this truck enough to put a little $ into it, it’s such a blast to drive. Any advice will be appreciated.

This is a 1/10 scale with a 3800kv I dont see you bullet proofing it with that kv motor .might be able to with less kv motor.I run a losi scte with 3500 but I use less than what I would say half a 5000 mah battery..less than 5 minutes to save me from breaking diffs and outdrives.....id try a 3000kv might help

This is a 1/10 scale with a 3800kv I dont see you bullet proofing it with that kv motor .might be able to with less kv motor.I run a losi scte with 3500 but I use less than what I would say half a 5000 mah battery..less than 5 minutes to save me from breaking diffs and outdrives.....id try a 3000kv might hel

Your probably right, might just have to go 2s packs, but today I did pull out the front and rear diffs, packed them with black grease, it was wheeling after that no slipping, I did sacrifice some handling, I’m going to put a ssd front diff case in see if that helps, I figure I will try a few things before I hang upthe 3s packs.

Back