Buku pipe and clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redcat man

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So is anyone running one or both of these on their rig? If so how are they performance wise and ease of use? I have the Savage X with an OS .30 on it.

I sold my pipe. No better than an of a 086. Waste of money. I have the clutch, but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks sv250

So is anyone running one or both of these on their rig? If so how are they performance wise and ease of use? I have the Savage X with an OS .30 on it.

I have not run the pipe but I do run the Buku clutch and I love the clutch. I race almost every weekend in the truggy class and prior to the Buku I would have to replace my clutch bell bearings every race weekend at least once due to the heat of the clutch frying them.

I switched to Buku about a year ago and found that the clutch bearings lasted months and so did the shoes. I like being able to adjust the clutch engagement thru the edge of the flywheel. When the track is slick, I turn each adjustment counter clockwise 1/4 to 1/2 turn to get the clutch to engage earlier in order to minimize wheel spin. As the traction comes up, I will turn each adjustment in 1/4 to 1/2 turn to get the aggressive launch that I want.

The Buku clutch has large diameter pins for the shoes which eliminated the breaking of pins. I learned that in the beginning I was tuning the adjustment screws in too far and slipping the clutch more than I should have. Now I will adjust position 0 and 1 - 1 to 1.5 turns from flush and position 2 - 1.5 to 2 turns in from flush.

When you go to a Buku you need to use a brand new clutch bell. If you use a used bell that has had aluminum shoes used with it the clutch shoes will be ruined in short order.

Contact me if you have any questions about the Buku clutch.

Lee

Thanks Winnrscircle. Thats good info. I am using a werks power clutch right now.

I run the buku pipes on both my savages and love them.

Back