Built a new computer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My old computer gave up the ghost on me last week, so here is my new build, tell me what you think, it's not the latest and greatest but it is much nicer then what I had.

Windows 8

AMD FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 core processor

MSI 970A-G46 motherboard

16GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM

320GB Western Digital Blue SATA Hard Drive

EVGA 1GB GDDR5 GEFORCE GTX 650 Video Card

Antec 25 650 watt PSU

Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse

I recycled my LG SATA DVD burner and my Cool Master tower

Last edited:
Nice, congrats! New screen I hope?

No the screen I have is only a year old and it's a 20" LCD wide screen plus there is no room on my desk to go bigger.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats. I want a computer lol I havent had one for like 2 years. But I'm on them all day at work so its like I have one anyway lol. That and my Galaxy S3 is almost a computer.

After 10 years I finally broke down and bought a new PC!

Is the amd a8-5500 processor and ati hd7560d video card good?

I used to build PC's but gave up that hobby long ago. Like I did with rc's it was something I went overboard on.....

After 10 years I finally broke down and bought a new PC!

Is the amd a8-5500 processor and ati hd7560d video card good?

I used to build PC's but gave up that hobby long ago. Like I did with rc's it was something I went overboard on.....

I have only ever built just my own computers, This one makes 5:D, only because it is cheaper and I get what I want in it and can change things with out voiding a warranty:whhooo:.

Personally I prefer the Intel Core I7 and nVidia 600 series cards myself.

I broke down and bought an iMac...No regrets from this guy!

Personally I prefer the Intel Core I7 and nVidia 600 series cards myself.

I would have liked an I7 but that was a bit out of my price range, at least you should like my video card choice, which is all nVidia inside, lol!!!

Ideally I'd like to have an i7. Right now I'm running an older QX9200 series and 560GTX Ti. Still enough horsepower for the games I'm running.

Isn't it better i if you buy 8gb ram and upgrade that card to 660? But still nice, if you'll planning to play bf3 add me, VaporGen3 :D

Isn't it better i if you buy 8gb ram and upgrade that card to 660? But still nice, if you'll planning to play bf3 add me, VaporGen3 :D

My son is playing BF3 I will tell him to add you, so far he has had no problems playing it, this set up handling it fine.:D

I just built a new computer not to long ago but am thinking about re-doing it to make it much smaller.

What are you thinking about changing ti make it smaller? My new motherboard completely fills the space allocated for it , my old motherboard had room left over. Makes for a tighter fit but I managed.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to, someday, swap out the motherboard for a mini-itx board and much smaller case.

I've got the biggest case available and I would never go down to a smaller size again. Total of 10 fans inside and easy access to change out anything.

C4.jpg

C1-16Gb.jpg

I use a small water cooler which allows me to keep my CPU much cooler than you do with 10 fans at nearly silent operation though. ;)

I would like to get back into PC building, but like with all my hobbies I go way overboard....

I would like to get back into PC building, but like with all my hobbies I go way overboard....

I have a friend like that, what ever he got into he had to make it the latest ans greatest he had a computer running the latest quad core processor, video cards X2, multiple hard drives, a ton of ram ect. and all of it water cooled.