Buggy/truggy buying advice needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcobrien

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an Acme Condor with the 15 engine but looking to upgrade to something better/faster. I've been looking at the Acme Condor Pro SE, Backwash Pro,
Warrior 1/8 Pro, VRX-1 or even maybe a 1/5 Yama.

Looking for best spec (car & parts), performance, reliability & robustness, easiest/cheapest to repair/upgrade.

Any help & advice greatly appreciated.

Marc

Not sure about any of the ones you listed because I'm not familiar with them. Also i dont know the availability of brands that you have in the UK. I will recommend a few brands of affordable and very upgradable buggies which are HPI trophy 3.5, Ofna hyper 7, Kyosho neo inferno, and ofna ultra lx2 or buggy 8. All the ones listed are under $400. If you wish to spend more on higher end race quality there is the Losi 8 rtr and team associated rc8. Kits are more expensive and require full assembly and also do not include engine, exhaust, battery pack, servos, radio and receiver, tires or even the on/off switch in most cases but all the kit parts are race spec and quality. The most popular kits for race are Mugen, Losi, Kyosho and team associated. It all depends on your budget and weather or not your looking for a racer or just a dependable basher.

Save your money & get a better quality buggy. Something like the Hobao Hyper 7, 8, 8.5 & the Hyper SS models, they are good strong buggies & perform well, OFNA was just the American importer & did not actually make the buggies, just rebranded them, they were only OFNA in the USA, they are not the importers any more though.
Another great RTR buggy is the JQ Products buggies, "THE Car" RTR version, great buggy & cheaper than most others but its very strong & shares 50% of its parts with the pro buggy, virtually all of the other pro buggy parts will also fit onto it. The customer service from JQ Products is also the best in the industry, if you do have a problem you can speak directly to the sales & team manager or the company owner & car designer, can't do that with any other company.

Back