Bug Crusher Pro Monster Truck Braking Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackt19

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up guys! I am a novice with Nitro RC Cars so please bare with me. So its taken me hours to sort out a revving problem I had with the car. When I started it up it was revving out of control. I read up on it and my idle screw I believe was around 2mm so I turned it to the 1mm it was supposed to be at and turned down the throttle trim on my controller. Problem I have now is my brakes do not work UNLESS I turn the throttle trim on my controller but then when I release the brake the car speeds off. Can anyone suggest any resolutions to my problem? By the way Nitro RC Cars are the bomb haha!

Cheers,
Jack

Sounds like to me you might want to try centering your throttle servo. Remove the servo horn on the throttle, make sure your trim on your controller is set to 0 or or neutral position. go full throttle full brake. Replace your servo horn back onto your servo. You may have to adjust your trim some from the there. If this doesn't help you may have to adjust your throttle and brake linkages.

Okay cheers mate, I'll have a look on YouYube now on how to do this

When you have your brakes working, adjust your idle with the trim off and the brakes fully applied, otherwise you'll turn off the engine every time you brake.
Make all your adjustments with the engine off, and don't start it till you're ready for final tweaking.

hello i have had this same problem but i burn the brake disc out and i had 4 more runs out of it before the glow plug packed in