Budget drones by holy stone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of the cheap camera drones for like $40. It had good reviews, but the thing will not fly straight, and the camera is crap. Not to mention the folding arms fold up in flight 🤪

I always read all of the negative reviews, most are people who don't know what they are doing, but sometimes they have important info.

Youtube reviews seem to be good, the second one i listed seems to have a few more issues. But has twice the range, risk worth reward? Idk

Looking at the battery packs and they look like a hard case unit. They charge off a usb cord and take 4 hourse to charge. Dont see no real way to hook them up to a real charger

Ya i passing on these. Between the charge times and how you have to charge them. I will search for a good name brand one used

So i just bought this mavic mini. Comes with all these extras, payed 240 shipped

The Mini fly more combo plus, two extra batteries with charger, set of six camera lenses, Silicone prop holders, Yagi antenna (range extender), Parabolic Antenna (range extender), 4 extra sets of Blades, Red motor dust covers, Prop Guards, Over Water Float.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402-200621.png
    Screenshot_20220402-200621.png
    603.5 KB · Views: 51
So i just bought this mavic mini. Comes with all these extras, payed 240 shipped

The Mini fly more combo plus, two extra batteries with charger, set of six camera lenses, Silicone prop holders, Yagi antenna (range extender), Parabolic Antenna (range extender), 4 extra sets of Blades, Red motor dust covers, Prop Guards, Over Water Float.
Much better 😉

I get sketched out buying used online. But he seemed decent and had no issue using pay pal, so i have buyers protection. Will see when it gets here

I have had good luck with the Hubsan models.

What is your budget? What do you want it to do?

GB

I have been using a Holystone HS720 for the last 11 months, which is the compact folding design of this drone. You can easily carry it around with you and an attractive carry case makes this even easier. You can easily control this drone using a user-friendly app. The 2K camera is decent enough. I also love the fact that the angle of the camera can be adjusted remotely from the controls. It has a little problem with the video stabilization. It offers some basic functions which you can expect from a device in its price range but that's about where it ends. You have to keep in mind this is not a high-end drone by any standards, it's hard to be critical of its features. I think considering video stabilization, you can try it.

Last edited: