Brushless tc4 shimmy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbogginredneck

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, I just recently finished putting together my tc4. Issue is the steering has a lot of play causing it to shimmy at speed. Everything is tightened properly within the steering linkages and it's a new servo. Has anyone had this problem, and how did you fix it? I'm very happy with the car other than this issue.

Thanks,
Mud

Servo saver tightened down?
worn servo?
Tie rod worn out?
Are the pivot ball loose in the hubs?
Wheels off balanced?

Those are a couple of things I check if I had play in my front end.

Jacks, everything is tightened down. Haven't checked the rod ends, I assume there good as it's a new kit, but I will check them. Thanks!

Buzzard, you know I can't do that. When my new stuff comes it from tmaxxfreak, I will be pulling the motor and esc out.....to go bigger!!! Lol. Catch me if ya can buddy!!!! Hehehe

Bwahahahaha who out run who with a stock ntc3 against a ntc3 with an outlaw engine????

No. Been working on moms car. New axles and wheel bearings. I'll look at it in the morning. Thanks guys!

Hey buzzard and tmaxxfreek, guess what just showed up on my shop porch!!!! Lol yeah my mail man knows what to do with the boxes that have my name on them!!! Lol.

Working on the tc4 now. Word of wisdom to everyone, rocks laying in the chassis where your steering linkages are can cause problems! Who would have thought? Lol sweeping the surface for now on. Anyways, bout to dive deeper into this steering issue.

Yeah, a diff upgrade will be ordered very very soon!

Back