brushless savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagelover12

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey i want to build up a brushless savege over the winter to race in the spring. i dont no where to start. i have a savage 25 now. can someone start me out or give an idea? thanks

Hey Rolex you forgot to add the can of Woop Ass! That is the most important part! That sounds like a damn good project. Start lighting thing where you can...shave the weight down. KEEP US POSTED!! I really wanna see this thing go. I have seen a brushless Revo and it was sick.

Once all the right ingredients have been stirred together, and all the lumps are out, a BIG can of whoopass is what you get. Electrics are really amazing now.

Get an E-Savage transmission and drop it in. Add brushless power. Stir.

I don't believe the e-savage tranny is a drop-in affair on the nitro chassis. And even if it did, the nitro tranny would be more durable. You don't need two brushless motors to power the savage, one big @ss one will be sufficient. :D

A motor mount would be simple to make, a piece of L stock with a rear brace for the motor endbell would work pretty well. You'll need to figure out how to mount the packs against the TVPs without interfering with the brake linkages. I'd run lipos to save weight.

Sounds like a very cool project. Before purchasing anything, figure out your budget. Nothing sucks more than getting in waist high and realizing you can't swim.

Back