Broken yacht

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So my parents were out on their boat (50 ft marine trader) taking it from New Orleans La, to Destin Fl, and were at anchor near Ship Island off the coast of Mississippi riding out a storm when at appx 10 pm an extremely large rogue wave came in from the gulf and they heard a loud noise and the whole boat began to shudder. They ran out onto deck and the entire bow section of their boat had been torn free and dropped into the water below including the windless and front railing section. Looking like it's going to be over $40k in damages. they had to ride out the storm with the anchor line secured as shown in the second picture. Fortunately no one was hurt as my brother and his friend were sleeping directly underneath it in the forward stateroom.
They turned around the next morning and just got back to New Orlans last night.

Before:

d4767a2c.jpg

After:

196a112d.jpg

Glad their ok, thats crazy for sure.

Alpine...you've been holding out on us.....you never mentioned your folks had a 50ft yacht! J/k.....glad to hear you family was safe, and they were able to sail home.

It's my zombie apocalypse escape vehicle. Very hush hush.

Back