Broken Nitro Fuel Tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyBlack

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good day,

My nitro rc's fuel tank broke. The part that is used to screw the tank onto the chassis has broken off (I assume from just force or a crash). There is now a small hole in the side of the tank where the fuel leaks out of really fast but the screw piece that broke off still fills and seals the hole when you place it on the hole but I want to know how to permanently fix it?

I have a Thunder Tiger EB4 S2.5 and I can't find a new tank anywhere so my only option is to repair it. Super glue doesn't work and a whole lot of people said I should use a soldering iron to melt it back into place which I really don't want to do.

Has anyone had this problem and know how to permanently fix it?

Kind regards,
Kelly.

Is this what your car & tank look like?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thunder-Tig...080332?hash=item3d35e3180c:g:TgMAAOSw4A5YyjeP

Sometimes you can fit another buggy tank like Ofna ,Team Assoc., or Losi brand if it has the same
layout ,may have to drill different holes in chassy.

Its hard to patch a busted fuel tank ,but can try with the 5 or 30 min apoxy ,or go to your local
auto part store to find some proper apoxy capponets!

Is this what your car & tank look like?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thunder-Tig...080332?hash=item3d35e3180c:g:TgMAAOSw4A5YyjeP

Sometimes you can fit another buggy tank like Ofna ,Team Assoc., or Losi brand if it has the same
layout ,may have to drill different holes in chassy.

Its hard to patch a busted fuel tank ,but can try with the 5 or 30 min apoxy ,or go to your local
auto part store to find some proper apoxy capponets!
That's exactly what my tank looks like hey.

That's exactly what my tank looks like hey.

Usually what differs on a 1/8 scale buggy the engine ,some engines are on the right side ,some are mounted on the left side in
which changes on what side the tanks mounted on ,in which changes the contour of the tank.

Most 1/8 scale buggy's use the same size tank an only the screw hole position is different!...So it is possible that you
can use another brand tank if you can't find the original!...:cool:

Heres an example.....If you notice ,the contour clears the center diff ,so .this may fit your buggy ,you just have to drill
new holes for mounting!...:cool:

1/8 scale Mugen buggy tank.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mugen-M...hash=item483c338747:m:m4G78Hpa86NHwOnVYQ5cpSA

Last edited:
shoe glue( not the shoe goo) is supposedly supposed to work well if you have all the pieces. i will see if i can find that thread i read that

I'd recommend buying a new tank. Holes in the fuel tank can lead to multiple issues, save the hassle. :)