Broken engine mount REALLY?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarCraft

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so I've had this thig for about 2 weeks, been on the work bench with it more then the track, which is a shame. yes I'm new to nitro but i dont abuse it at all seeing how i just spent 600$ on it and my wife would kill me if she saw me building or setting up any kind of ramp this early in the game. have i landed on the top a few times from hitting a speed bump? yea ofc who hasnt. but anyways after a very minor over front flip onto the lid i walked over set it on its wheels, went to hit the throttle and that sound we all love to hear of a striped spur (in my case no mesh at all) so i pluged the exhaust and did my after run procedure. after i got her on the bench started taking things apart to repace the spur, got a new spur in and began to put it all back together and noticed a small gash in my air tube by the spur.... sweet. got that replaced now again back to putting her back together and noticed small cracks along the mounting screws (the center mount) under the engine. so i took the screws out and the middle mount literally crumbled in my hands. called traxxas and no help (they can't warrant a 2 week old truck with a wreck related problem)

sorry for the rant or w/e just surprised is all as i havent been even slightly hard on this yet, heck i havent jumped it more then a foot at best off the ground. are the mounts a notorious weak area? i guess id rather replace mount then a engine and what are the chances my frame is now bent too?

Chances are very slim. I have two Revos that both get severely abused on a regular basis and I have never broke a engine mount on either Revo. Sounds like you had one with a flaw in it to me. The only time I ever broke a engine mount was on my Savage 25 after doing a really nasty cartwheel on the pavement.

unfortunately this is what happens ,just sounds like you are having a bit of a bad start. ebay is your friend for most of you're parts and trust me you are going to need them.

Just be thankful that it's not the outer pieces of the mount that connect to the frame because you have to take apart the whole rear end of the truck to replace those and it's a pretty extensive job.

Chances are very slim. I have two Revos that both get severely abused on a regular basis and I have never broke a engine mount on either Revo. Sounds like you had one with a flaw in it to me.

The Revo engine mount and chassis engine bay area are prone to breaking and bending. Thats their #1 flaw in the design and the main reason I no longer own any Revos.

well got it all back together now and took it out for a few tanks today and all is well..... for now

Back