Broken axle pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx361

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys does anyone know of a stronger than stock axle pins? Every time I drive the truck now I have at least one broken pin and my stock of extras is depleting fast! I've also snapped a few of the pins that hold the gears to the shafts inside the transmission so if anyone has any suggestions on those id appreciate it greatly...Thanks in advance!

You know I was thinking that too...After coming up with nothing searching online I guess Ill just pick up a new surplus of pins...

if your snapping so mant pins and stuff maybe try a looser slipper setting,might take a bit of stress off the drivetrain

Just picked up 10 sets of axle pins on ebay for 12 bucks so that so that should hold me over for a while lol...chickenman i have the slipper 1/4 turn from locked and any looser I've had the nut spin off and lost my spur mid run, luckily i found it again lol so i have to just keep it there or tighter if i feel like doing some wheelies which is very rare...I still have to get some video up so somebody else besides my neighbor can see this thing in action it absolutely rocks:D

If you have not already done this a Forward Only Conversion will greatly reduce any problems with a Transmission on the TMaxx.

I have never broke an axle pin because they are steel but I have seen others strip the hub on plastic wheels on an EMaxx running LiPo Packs.

Upgrades for what is happening

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUTG9&P=SMl

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZSW3&P=M

A buddy of mine had many problems stripping stuff on his EMaxx and this solved the problem of too much HP to the wheels.

Last edited:
i dont need to say any thing. Rolex said it all.

Greg, I had the same problem, I found that if your axle's have worn out to the point that the pin can move even very little the pin will snap, especially if your on and off with the throttle. Check the axle make sure the pins are not moving around in the hole, also check your hex nuts, make sure they are not bent or have any high spots, I used a thick piece of glass and 220grit sand paper, put the sand paper on the glass and run the flat part of the hex over the sand paper on the glass to see if you have any high spots and keep sanding untill they are true. It helped a lot. I replaced my axles and the problem stoped, its the price you pay for having a lot of HP.