broke the maxx today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchobbiest

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I broke the maxx for the first time. Hit a ssmall steel pole that was in the ground I didn't see it just high enough to hit the a arm and break it. Good times tho. Man I missed this hobby lol

That sucks. I hit my neighbors sprinkler head one time and snapped it off flooding our street until I could get the water shut off. Bad thing is he wasn't home and his meter box had a lock on it so I had to call him get him to rush home and turn it off from his garage. Epic day lol. Cost me $150 for plum tech to come out and replace the pvc and sprinkler head. Needless to say I've never ran in my neighborhood again.

That would really suck. I'm just going to order the rpm kit from towers for 50 bucks and replace them all at the same time

Definitely. The plastic rpm a arms is the only way to go. Plus there lifetime replacement. I have rpm on all my rigs. Soon as something breaks that's what I replace it with.

Needless to say I've never ran in my neighborhood again.
a-lawn.jpg

That would really suck. I'm just going to order the rpm kit from towers for 50 bucks and replace them all at the same time
You may consider doing the bulks too. I break one every other time I run. But I crash a lot.

so did you fix it?......

RPM upgrades should serve you well. I thought about going with aluminum A-arms, but I been reading that aluminum has a tendency to snap in half or bend badly. Plus I think the aluminum stuff may add to much weight for my liking.

Alum arms are not worth wasting time and money on. Rpm arms hold up pretty well though.

Crashing seems to be my problem we need to look into air breaks for these things. I go through rpm a arms about 1 to 3 for every stock ones. Now it's the bulkheads:mad:

Yea got it fix a few weeks ago. Sorry I have Not been On in a while. Are aluminum bulkheads any good???. Just the bulk heads not the a arms.

If your gunna she'll out the coin for aluminum bulkheads then make sure you get a good quality set or you'll just be wasting your $

Thank you I was just wondering seen them on towerhobbies website today when I was ordering fuel.

Ordering fuel huh...man that sux.........no lhs near?

Yea kinda like 35 miles one way from me but dont stock nothing for nitros all electric stuff. When in there to get parts and all he tired to do is to get me to convert it to electric. Don't even have glow plugs. It sucks so I have to order on line and wait. I hate it.

Good rpm bulks are the key imo. They are not allum. But tuffer than a whale turd.