broke motor mounts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildjokerracing

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
WOO HOO,
I finally got to run the revo, after all the motor and carb problems...
The thing ws flying , tons of power and speed... then had a crash . upon inspection, stripped the spur(scratching the head) went to replace the spur gear and while doing so the motor mount starting falling apart.
Broke 2 out of the 3 pieces of the complete mount set...but WOW was it FUN...........

The important thing is you had fun while you broke it, I can't tell you how many times that I've broken things like that

You've found the secret of RC: If you're not breaking it, you're not doing it right.

Last edited:
:Dwell the best part of it all is my father came over with his revo and we finally got to run togehter,
he has terminal cancer and has more bad weeks than good weeks. So to me it was a great day he felt good and we got to run the heck out of them:D

I know what you mean. Before my Dad died, he would get his lawn chair out and watched me beat the crap out of my Revo.

well i bought a new spur gear and a header coupling set,
pulled out the engine mount set i had bought back in Jan that is new and was a spare i had in the tool box.
installed spur gear, and went to install the complete engine mount set well it had a bad screw that is the pivot for setting gear mesh that SNAPPED when trying to remove it so i could install in the chassis..
Well being i bought it back in Jan i did not have my REC, I email traxxas support last night at 10pm asking if this was common issue or if there was anything i could due before trying to install yet another one for the cost of $20.00 or if possible i could get a replacement set from traxxas

all I can say about traxxas support is WOW. I got a return email tonight on a SUNDAY at 8pm saying that they do not know why it happened but they are shipping me a new engine mount set

I am a TRAXXAS fan and will be getting yet another traxxas rc product in the near future :D:D

Last edited:
Before gettin into the hobby, I did some research. I foun that Traxxas has the most available parts and the bets tech support out there. When I buy another, it will be a Traxxas

Back