broke in the 'ol LRP ZR.30X...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
WOW a lot more power than the z.28 and faster. can't keep it on all fours at any speed even with the 18/38 gear setup. so I am going to try the 20t bell.

had a few problems with the ERCM pipe tho. had it rear mounted and the header got bent up so bad its pretty much unusable. so I side mounted it and the stupid little springs kept getting so stretched out the pipe would pop off.

the front center shaft pin fell out even when I loc tighted it with red loc tite. so it was pretty much rear wheel drive the whole time.

when I swapped out the motor I was going to put the buku clutch on the 30x, but one of the pads fell off the clutch shoe. it barely had two tanks on it. like it was barely glued on however they attach them to the shoes. so I put the 8ight 2.0 clutch on it. seems to be holding up. I emailed buku with a pic so ill see what they say about it...

the tank that came with the tekno kit sucks! the cap doesn't seal at all. used a bigger o ring and it helps, but the spring that holds it down isn't strong enough. so I wrapped a rubber band around it.

Last edited:
nice work
kinda glad i can't get the 250cc tank after hearing that
with your centre shaft maybe you could put heat shink over the area,i have a similar problem with my bb maxx i did the heat shrink mod and now shes all good

So far nothing but clutch problems. I got the tank to seal. First my buku brass shoes the pad fell off one like it wasn't glued on it good enough. So I swapped it out with the losi 8ight 2.0 clutch and blew out a bearing.

The buku had hardly two tanks on it
IMG_20130421_143739_734_zpse66052b6.jpg

IMG_20130421_143748_169_zpsdaf61d97.jpg

Last edited:
Use vented bells if you can & good bearings - they get hot, thats what kills them.
I use vented bells & change the inner bearing every time I take the clutch apart to touch up the alloy shoes.

I used a new vented bell with new bearings... other than that it runs great and sounds awesome with the ercm pipe.

buku was kind enough to send new shoes out and I ordered anew cb. the aluminum slipper pad back plate was bent and wobbled robinson racing sent a new one of those too:)

Bashed the crapola out of the revo today! Broke all sorts of stuff too, but had replacement parts to keep going. I put the biggest venturi in the carb which made a big difference in power from the smallest one i used to break it in. I think if I adjusted the buku clutch to engage at a higher rpm it probably could do a back flip. Two of the mip cvd's fell apart so I put the stock ones on. Red loctite didn't keep the screws fr backing out.
IMG_20130507_185152_226_zps99a2a5ac.jpg

Last edited:
Back