Broke Down...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I finally broke down and bought a MERV VXL. I flogged it with NiMH pack while I waited for my 3s packs to charge. It is a real blast. No wheelies, but I did traction roll it a few times getting to know its cornering abilities.

Any suggestions on upgrades? I've ordered the Center Diff and I already bought the GTR shocks with TiN shafts.

change out the fluid in the shocks. I put in 2000 weight by losi and it's WWWAAAAYYYYY better. night and day difference.

The first casualty has happened. I lost the right rear half shaft. I also lost 3 of the body clips. I ran it on 3s and it was insane. At half throttle if I wasn't careful, the stupid thing flip on its lid. I spent almost as much time on the lid as I did on the wheels.

They're nuts. I'm so glad I bought my baby slash. Though I should have went with the merv. I've gotten used to the slash, and using my Losi Tx with expo helps with the high speed runs.:) I've heard that the shafts and the knuckles are the weakest parts.

you need some steel cvd's and turn buckles if you don't want it happening again, but when you think about, it would be cheaper replacing them each time since they're plastic and fairly cheap. But I'd rather be driving it then working on it. atleast most of the time. I enjoy wrenching too. and metalhead, all u need to convert the slash to a MERV are a-arms, axles, and bumpers and you'll have one. i have both and the slash is a bit harder to control cuz of the wheel base

Back