breaking in nitro car and tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
the manual with my nitro car says 3-4 tanks of fuel is recommened for breaking in at half throttle

whats everyones opionion on that ?

and should i start tuning the car ? it rolls when it idles , do i turn the idle screw when the car is running or when its off?

Do the break-in just how it is set from the factory. After you have completed the break-in that the manual calls for you can refer to the tuning stickys and flowchart on this site to start doing some performance tuning to it.

Set the idle gap for .5-1mm and then leave it alone, then tune the LSN when it's up to running temp so it will hold a steady idle. I would run at least 1/2 a gallon before you start doing any tuning and a gallon before you go for a performance tune.

ello, I am new to this forum and I am looking for a little help. I am running an lx2 ultra and have just finished breaking in my dynamite .21 euro and it screams. The issue is that I cannot give it WOT from a dead stop. It doesn't move and revs to the moon. If I get it moving I can eventually get to WOT. Is it my clutch thats slipping it looks fine? I am really stumped?? In advance I appreciate the feedback, and apoligize if I am not saposed to just jump in asking a question.

ello, I am new to this forum and I am looking for a little help. I am running an lx2 ultra and have just finished breaking in my dynamite .21 euro and it screams. The issue is that I cannot give it WOT from a dead stop. It doesn't move and revs to the moon. If I get it moving I can eventually get to WOT. Is it my clutch thats slipping it looks fine? I am really stumped?? In advance I appreciate the feedback, and apoligize if I am not saposed to just jump in asking a question.

Check your slipper clutch. It sounds like it is too loose. Next time you have a question, start your own thread.

Back