break in talk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossberg

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys just needed a little input besides what I've already read in other posts, I broke in my truck the other day I used 25% trinity fuel and the stock glow plug. The first tank went pretty smooth a few times the truck shut down when turning and or letting off the throttle but it was really rich, The 2nd tank pretty much the same thing only running about a quarter to half throttle temps never went above 2oo. The third tank i leaned out the top end a bit and the bottom end because it was loading up bad when setting at idle then it would stall, this helped keep it running at an idle but would still put out a huge puff of smoke when starting out but would then pick up nicely. the fourth tank i again leaned the top end a bit and left the bottom end alone and again it would load up when setting for any amount of time and then stall, So i leaned out the bottom end a bit and things were good for the fourth tank, its running good now not really loading up when setting, it dont stall at an idle and the top end rpms seems perfect but! the truck still stalls out now and then for no apparent reason! Yes i am still a bit rich blowing smoke and temps are around 200-210 could it be because I'm not getting enough air through the body? am i getting air bubbles? I dont wanna lean it too much more because i'll be going to 20% fuel when this 25% is gone.any ideas?:confused:

The tuning change from 25% down to 20% will be minimal. At only 200*- 210* I'd lean it out more. That's too cold in my opinion.

For the stalling, really more info is needed on when/what conditions it stalls.

Thanks for te input I'll try that and see if it helps.