break in help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black4x4

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
If i start and finish half way with the break in can i do the rest later

Yeah, just make sure you dont forget where you are in the break in when you pack it up.

You can take as long as you like with the boring process just make sure you finish the tank you're on.

yeah i was wondering cause i want to start it up for the first time so bad and maybe tune it on the 3rd tank and the rest do in a bigger area

yeah i was wondering cause i want to start it up for the first time so bad and maybe tune it on the 3rd tank and the rest do in a bigger area

NO NO NO! lol do not tune it on the third tank.! You have to do the whole Break in process before you can tune. Do not do that.

oooo ok sorry but what if its a ass on me and shut off. i will not tune it until I'm done

lol nice one. what are the factory setting for the screws in case i do bad tuning

HSN is usually fully closed then about 3 turns to 3 1/2 turns back in for most mills.
To set the LSN, make sure its sitting level with the sleeve its in.
Good luck :D

lol nice one. what are the factory setting for the screws in case i do bad tuning

Actually for Traxxas its HSN all the way in, and 4 and a half turns out. Remeber thats rich for break in.

lsn

the lsn on my picco.26 (new,just installed) is past the collar by at least 1,5 mm . this nornal or an oversight by the company. i'm heat cycling at idle now but it's hard to start-too rich ?

the lsn on my picco.26 (new,just installed) is past the collar by at least 1,5 mm . this nornal or an oversight by the company. i'm heat cycling at idle now but it's hard to start-too rich ?

heat cycle at idle doesn't make sense. That's not what heat cycling is. What do you mean by this?

Also, if using the heat cycle method for brake-in you can start leaning it out on the 2nd cycle. Really, you have to in most cases to get the mil up above 200 degrees. If you're not getting the motor to 200, you're not doing any good at all. The metal will not start expanding until this temp and you not achieve any sort of brake in until you get to 200. So, if your running so fat you can get above 160, you need to start leaning it so it actually does you some good.

Cheers,
Curt

i just started the motor yesterday and as i understand it , is to idle until the head gets hot enough that you can't hold it for more than 10 sec. and let it cool down again with the piston at bdc . do this for the 1st tank

That's not really a heat cycle. Heat cycle you start it and put the car on the ground and start driving right off the bat. There are many articles you can read on it.

this is the first one that i break in and i read this in one of the threads