Break downs causing more questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay so Saturday I was out driving my t-maxx and for wheel drive when out and and just kept driving it. The when I had about 2 minutes of driving in my second tank reverse went out the servo started acting funny then it just would pull it self out of gear for no reason. When it did pull it out it was really weak, I know it isn't radio interference because my throttle and streeing servo are fine. So my question is the four-wheel drive I think its the differential because you can spin one front wheel and the oppisite front wheel won't move. So would I be the diff. Thanks guys in advance for your help.

Yes the front drive shafts to the diff. and to the wheel hubs are all still in tak. The shaft that runs from the trans. to the diff. still spins but when it hits the diff. it just quits and won't spin the tires. So is there a way I can fix that witout buying a new diff.?

take apart the diff and see if the inner cup is damaged if it is then you have to get a new diff, well as a matter of fact in any instance where the driveshaft turns and the wheels dont you have to get a new diff unless the screw came out of the yoke at the diff

Ya I don't even think I am going to tear it apart I am just goin to buy a new one. There is one question I have when I was driving it I would let of the gas and after about 5 seconds it would just stall. I had a nice trail of blue smoke and it didn't over heat. I have the idle screw turned all the way in I don't know what to do please help me.

if you turned yr idle speed screw all the way in then your idle would be extremely high !

start your model and keep on turning the idle speed screw left until it the model turns off , when it turns of turn the idle speed screw right (1/8 turn).

also a way i adjust my lsn is: Whn you start your model press full brakes and if it stops you need it richin the lsn(left turn 1/8).

as for the HSN lean it out so that the temp is 250-260 F.

traxxas engines like to run hot ;]

los of compression get it repinched

I disagree , he just has to tune it better.

If you lean the hsn then you have to richen the lsn
if you richen the HSN then you need to lean the lsn

as for the idle , the best idle is when it is at lowest possible settings.

I think when I get my new parts I am going to try to retune like you guys said.

if you turned yr idle speed screw all the way in then your idle would be extremely high !

start your model and keep on turning the idle speed screw left until it the model turns off , when it turns of turn the idle speed screw right (1/8 turn).

also a way i adjust my lsn is: Whn you start your model press full brakes and if it stops you need it richin the lsn(left turn 1/8).

as for the HSN lean it out so that the temp is 250-260 F.

traxxas engines like to run hot ;]

I disagree , he just has to tune it better.

If you lean the hsn then you have to richen the lsn
if you richen the HSN then you need to lean the lsn

as for the idle , the best idle is when it is at lowest possible settings.

I have to disagree. The low speed needle controls throttle inputs until about half. The high speed takes it from there. That's why you can have a good smoke stream when on the throttle, but still have an engine that overheats.

Back