brand new...to much compression?!!?

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
this is an hpi .15 motor that has never been started. when i got it, it was missing the pull start back plate and the pin that catches the pullstart. its all good now, but i noticed that it has way too much compression. i snapped the pull start even befor it had fuel in it!! i took the head off, and it has one head shim. is there supposed to be something else. why would it have too much compression? totally stumped. am i missing something?

Loosen the glow plug in order to release some of the compression to make starting it easier. As soon as it starts, turn the igniter in to tighten it down, then remove it and tighten it with the wrench. Once it breaks in it will get easier.

thanx rolex.. I'm gonna try that again.. i started it that way yesterday. but i quickly shut it down couse i didnt want the threads to strip from vibrating the plug..but ya, i can keep the glow starter on it and slowly tighten it up. i was thinking that it had something wrong couse of the super high compresion. but its been so long since I've had a fresh motor with a pull start no less..thanx

Back