Brand new out of the box But wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogyman1313

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey all I'm very new to the whole rc nitro cars and truck world i went and bought a brand new t-maxx 3.3 model 4907 yesterday10-06-12 well i read and watched on how to break in the truck and charged the so called ez start went in the garage to crank her up and the motor does a have crank and thats it so i did some reading and could be TDC so i rotated the flywheel counter clock wise and still the same thing on the ez start the motor light sometimes lights up and sometimes doesn't what gives ill tell you what for a 500 plus truck this blows lol

Make sure the glow plug is good and check to see that the yellow wire is grounded tight on one of the engine mount bolts. Also make sure the blue wire is connected to the plug. Preheat the engine with a hair dryer and hold your finger over the exhaust tip while turning it over to prime it. Dont do it too long though or you will flood the engine. When flooded it may not even turn over. If his happens remove the pkug turn rig upside down and use wand to turn engine over for a few seconds to clear head of fuel. Blow the plug off and reinstall it to try again.

Preheat the engine with a hair dryer. Get it as warm as you can. The internals are tight when new.

thanks all going to give the hair dryer a shot right now i will be back to let you know how it goes thanks again

---------- Post added at 4:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:01 PM ----------

hair dryer worked thank you very much

hey all just why i have you here is there anything i can add or change out to make this thing faster once i get it all broke in and also what kinda shells can i put on this truck I'm looking for either grave digger or a hearse

The upgrades are endless. Search ebay and you'll soon be burried.:) There's certain things you'll wanna stay away from. Post up what ya find before you buy. Stay away from Integy parts.

Concentrate on the proper break in. Just doing the minimum 6 tanks and then wanting to run flat out will just shorten it's life. Breaking it in helps to teach you how it acts when it needs a tune as well as getting you used to the controls.

thanks yeah doing the break in now I'm kinda scared with it lol i wanna run and gun with this sucker but i know how important the break in is and i dont want to mess it up at all I'm running the first tank of fuel thru it now and was reading said i should see thick blue smoke well i seen a very light blue smoke not a whole lot either and a bunch of what looked like to me fuel spraying out the tuned pipe the tempeture outside was about 50 its gunna be a bit warmer today around 70 so maybe ill have a bit of better luck with it. Any tips on what kinda of air filter oil i should use and if i should keep some parts lubed up if so what parts and what kinda lube sorry for all the questions the hobby shop here in lubbock tx blows they just care about the sale if you ask me alls i was told to buy from them was the truck and fuel

Go to the motorcycle shop and buy yourself a big can of filter oil for two strokes. Or use K&N filter oil. Hell i even use 3 in 1 household can oil. Just remember not to use too much. You just want it a little damp with oil in order to help trap smaller dust particles and trash. A piece of dust in these small engines is like a rock tossed into a car engine. Too much oil will restrict the airflow and suck oil into the carb. Another good thing to keep spares of is spur gears.

thank you very much already have some k&n oil for my camaro so I'm good there

Back