Brand new Flux Dead?!@#%^&*()

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetfft

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I ran my new Flux HP for about 20 minutes and it ran great until...

I wheelied it and it flipped on it's top as it normally would but then died. The ESC only displays a dim red light and no other control inputs will change it. I have seen posts regarding resetting the ESC but none mentioned how...? One said to leave it unplugged for a few days?

There was no smoke, nothing hot, not even warm... I was just running, not bashing... weird... just 'done'... Batteries weren't even close to dead.

What's the dim red light indicate?

How does one reset the Blur ESC?

Any ideas?

thanks!

Dave

I dont think theres any kind of reset, I may be wrong but I doubt there is. It might lose the settings after a few days of being unplugged but I kinda doubt that too, I've left sidewinders on a shelf for months at a time and they didnt reset. Might be something you can do with the castle link program on your computer.

What radio are you using?

Everything is stock, just got it...

I don't have the link so I haven't fiddled with anything in the ESC...

I've got the stock radio 2.4 GHz

ok. I think a red light is brakes being applied, so I'm thinking it might be a radio/reciever problem. Hopefully someone else will chime in though.

You might try adjusting your throttle trim up and or down and see if anything changes.

I would call HPI, they would be able to get it going rather quickly, and if anything is damaged you can get them to mail you another one.

What batteries are you using? Please list all the specs you can.

make sure the motor wires are fully inserted. the instructions for resetting it are in the book. it happened to me once before

Thanks for all the suggestions but it ended up just being a defect and they've shipped me a replacement. Meanwhile I snagged a new one of eBay to run the truck and have a backup and WOW that this is insane... i'll be posting a new thread about a new issue hehe