Brake turns off car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbadee5

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay I have been tuning my stock 2.5 tmaxx that I recently bought used and one thing I've noticed is when I hit the breaks the car turns off. I know from past experience this is cause from the carburetor slide closing all the way but now matter how much I adjust the throttle trim or the rod attached to the servo when I hit the break it goes back to the same position that chokes off the engine. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks in advance.

U need to turn ur idle screw in about 1/4 or 1/2 a turn and it will stop the carb from fully closin no matter ehat position the servo is in
try 1/4 turns until u get it right

Can you please tell me which screw is the idle screw? I'm new to the carb that is on the 2.5 engine.

---------- Post added at 2:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:37 PM ----------

And rolex do you mean adjust with the idle screw or throttle trim.

apply the brakes and hold .with the breaks applied adjust the idle screw on the carb,but make sure the trim is adjusted to the center first.

if your talkin about the trx 2.5 the idle screw is gonna be all the way to the right behind the airfilter inlet

dont get mixed up with the lsn thats on the end of the ball link were your servo arm connects

its the one behind that

i will try to get a pic to better explain were it is

Turn the throttle trim all the way down. Only raise it for starting and warm up.
Start raising the idle screw as you slowly apply the brake. When it's in full brake and idling nicely and not creeping, you're set.

Idle_Adjust.jpg

What is all that small white stuff, Rolex is that dust I see.?!

Thanks I was able to fix my problem. And because I don't want to start a new thread when ever I drive my car in the grass it bogs down and then revs really fast then dies. Not good description I know but it's hard to describe. Thanks.

Thanks I was able to fix my problem. And because I don't want to start a new thread when ever I drive my car in the grass it bogs down and then revs really fast then dies. Not good description I know but it's hard to describe. Thanks.

Sounds like a tuning issue. If you haven't sealed the engine, I'd do that right away. Read the tuning tips and flow chart in the nitro forum. All the sealing info you need.

Back