Bought Revo 2.5r Better Steering?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acelay

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all, I just bought a used Revo and I think it's awesome! I have had the XTM Mammoth, and the XT2 buggy in the past and I must say Traxxas has come a long way! I would like for it to turn a bit sharper, what steering servo would you guys recommend? Thanks I attached a pic on my Revo below:)

IMG_0653[1].jpg

i know with my revo 3.3 i can adjust the steering by changing the programming on he controller and it will let it turn a bit more.

Ok, I'm going to check my controller and see if there's any setting I can adjust. Thanks

Off topic but is that a new revo 2.5r? Its beautiful. The one i just bought is the first generation. I believe its a 2004 or 05 with the 2.5r. I love it! Handles sooo much better then my tmaxx.

There is a thread around here about modifying your steering stops to help aid in turning sharper.

Also you can install a stronger steering servo which will increase response and speed of steering

yeh, also if it has two servo's might be a good idea to take one out... if they fight against each other it wont do much good for the battery and servos.... but a good single servo is better.

I have been out of the game for awhile, I actually just needed to charge the batteries:\:)

---------- Post added at 8:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:35 PM ----------

Off topic but is that a new revo 2.5r? Its beautiful. The one i just bought is the first generation. I believe its a 2004 or 05 with the 2.5r. I love it! Handles sooo much better then my tmaxx.

Thanks man, I am not sure which generation it is. How can I tell?

Back