Boost bottle ????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmcgrath48

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:\ I've got a T-MAXX fitted with a SIRIO.18tx engine in it.
Know THANKS TO RCNT I've found the base setting for this engine on the ''Sirio.18 Help-RC Engines and Motors'' forum ''THANKS GUYS''
I've had to do a rebuild because I broke my con rod in the newyear,could not get a new one over here (IRELAND) because, Sirio don'nt make these engines any more:(, so I got a Italian friend of mine to contact Sirio in ITALY for me.
They KINDLY sent me a complete PISTON KIT for FREE :D to rebuild my engine.
I've rebuilt my engine ,set my carb to the base settings
5.1/2 HSN 2.1/2 LSN as stated in forum.
My break in methord
2 tanks on idel.
2 tanks on low throttle.
2 tanks on mid to hi throttle.
have not had it a full throttle yet.(weather crappy)
I Will remove the silver air flow resrictor,when fully broke in.
But WHAT is a BOOST BOOLE and where is it ,as it say in the forum you can remove it ???
Regards to all. Sean

Last edited:
there is no boost bottle installed on the pic you have posted, a boost bottle will look like a small co2 tank for a bb gun or somthing and there normaly installed in pairs, i do not see any on this rig man

they are bye no means worthless.. and acualy they are awsome, but they offer no increase in power, what they do is optimize the pressure in your fuel system for a meaner take off, it boost acceleration, does not add power or speed, just lets you get off the line faster, which is awsome if your a racer

I race and know lots of pro drivers....NOBODY uses them. It's outdated tech.
Tuned pipes and engines have come a long way, no need to add another possible place for your engine to develop an air leak or worse yet suck dirt straight into the block if the fuel line cracks or comes loose.
Note that tower says limited stock.....they are probably not being made anymore.
For someone who did not know what a boost bottle is, you suddenly seem to know how great they are?!:horsecrap
You want power from that little Sirio, contact Sirio and find out what pipe they recommend to match the engine.

Sorry got you mixed up with the other guy. My sincere apologies to both of you.

wait i seriously need to know how these things work nevermind i figured its out. its a vacuum balancer. as scroog said its just somewhere else to get a leak.

theres one on his rig look in the lower left corner look at that neon fuel line. what is it connected to

we need to get more pics to determine which of us is right

poop your right there it is!! it was hiding, there normaly alot bigger then that.. the pro set up is 2 side by side bottles the size of co2 bottles for pellet guns..

well now u got me thinking is that a inline fuel filter? also you need to get that thing off your shock man, its in a bad spot

It appears to be an in-line fuel filter. A boost bottle, in line, would need a 'T' fitting and would have to be mounted upright to maintain the air pocket.

thats why i said we need more pics to determine whether or not its a fuel filter or a boost bottle. but now i want to know what a boost bottle does for the motor and how it works

It does the same thing a small tank does on an airbrush compressor. It smooths out and slightly increases the flow instead of the puff-puff-puff pulsing.

ahh okay thats why they help acceleration

Hi 2 All :D
Here's some foto's of my T-MAXX,with Sirio.18tx engine,theres NO boost bottle on it that I can see.Know that I now what 1 is.
But any more comments would be greatfull

Thanks guys your :first_place::first_place:
Regards to all.
Sean WestCork in IRELAND

Last edited:
you dont have one on their that was a fuel filter

Whoa...I'm glad you got rid of they POS air filter (k&n) When i saw that thing on the first page i thought i was gonna have a cow lol.

Break-in Method

Hi 2 ALL:)
The K+N has gone in the bin(garbage) Did not realise,they caused problems.
maybe thats why I've gone throu 3 engines 2xtrx 2.5cc:(:(,1xSirio.18tx:(.
In 10 months.Only got my T-MAXX last feb08..Sirio has just had a full piston kit rebuild (got it FREE from SIRIO in ITALY :D) In my Sirio.18tx I'm useing TRAXXAS 3232x glow plugs and Model Technics off road BigBang 16%Glow fuel.
It's what I can get my hands on..I was told in local H.S(250miles round trip) this was O.k.
I'd ran 2 tanks on idle,old school break-in method then came across the Heat Cycle break-in method on RCNT:first_place: Have not done any thing else with the Sirio engine as weather is bad over here at the moment.But when it drys out a bit,I'll continue break-in,with the Heat Cycle break-in method,or should I stay old school as I've started that method ? :\ ? :\ ?
Thanks 4 all your INFO its GREAT. :) :D :) :D :)
Regards 2 ALL
Sean WestCork in IRELAND

Back