Boost Bottle?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I went to watch a On-road race today and had a look in a few cars and saw a boost bottle on one. Does anyone know what this does? and if there any good?

I got this pic of one off Tower
mipg3057.jpg

A boost bottle will help a car to idle better and make it easier to tune. I had one on my Savage .21.
Worked good.
I choose not to use one anymore, but plenty of people do.

I have never tried one but I have heard they don't really make that much difference.

I have not herd much but i know a lot of people use them. I was a noob when i saw them and relized you had to deill into your block. That sounded like too much. I have not payed any attention to them since. All i know is people use them so they can't be that bad. Other than that i know nothing about them.

CHEERS-xmas-

Yeah. like I said, I don't use one anymore..
what I posted above is what is claimed by the makers of these products, and what the LHS will tell you.
But they are not needed.

Just another can of "Magic snake oil." Nothing beats a properly tuned engine. There's no substitution for that.

Originally posted by Diver6127
Just another can of "Magic snake oil." Nothing beats a properly tuned engine. There's no substitution for that.

Exactly. IME over the years, Boost Bottles are a worthless. SOme people sware by them though for easier tuning(BS IME but more power to em).

It's funny how many people in RC Nitro will spend tons of cash on worthless chit but they still can't properly tune their engines.

Originally posted by 30%NitroBoy

It's funny how many people in RC Nitro will spend tons of cash on worthless chit but they still can't properly tune their engines.

OOH, OOOH, thats me!!! :spit:

Anyways, glad I read this before I bought one. What about in-line fuel filters?

Originally posted by Buncrana

OOH, OOOH, thats me!!! :spit:

Anyways, glad I read this before I bought one. What about in-line fuel filters?

Lol. The Du-Bro Final Flush fuel filter is the best in-line on the market of it's size IMVHO. I keep like 4 of em in my fieldbox and they're easy to clean. ALL RTR Nitros should come with some basic fuel filter but then they couldn't sell ya chit.

I've got a nice inline "stone" filter... good seal, and damn good quality. Anything is better than nothing though since most don't come with anything anyway.

Never have used one but havent herd much good about them

I have a fuel fitler on order. They are great, i got 4 in a pack!

Originally posted by WA2FAST
I've got a nice inline "stone" filter... good seal, and damn good quality. Anything is better than nothing though since most don't come with anything anyway.

AMen brotha. ANY fuel filter on the "market" is better then none. I think even some regulars here would be suprised how many "pro" level drivers I've seen with NO FF"s offroad. I guess you can do that when your getting 25+ free engines a year from the factory!

akmad - Hey, What are you reffering to? Stone filters are great but I prefer the "fiber" design of the Du-Bro FF. I've been in serious racing with my buds where I actually had a stone filter "clog-up" mid race costing me the race. It's not likely to happne from what I've heard though.

I've never had a problem, actually from what I hear most people get the stone filter to avoid clogs and the such that fiber supposidly is more prone too.:shrug: Either way... it's not likely to happen at all, and everyone should have one. I am with you on being suprised about racers that don't use fuel filters... it is shocking actually, but most still use them... as they should.