Boost bottle...fact or fiction

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian O

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When I read about the boost bottles for my Traxxas 3.3 ,it makes sense to install this product on my car. BUT, when I read about a super charger fpr my 3.3 it to makes sense,but I know its a waste of money. So my question is . Does anyone or has anyone installed boost bottles on there motors and what were the results? Beside the fact that it looks cool as heck ,I woulld like to know if they really work or should I spend my money else where? Thanks ahead of time...

They are fiction. They perform no real function for a modern engine design like the Traxxas 3.3.

They maintain a pocket of air that absorbs the puff-puff-puff of the back pressure to the tank so that incoming fuel to the carb is one smooth flow.
So, effectively, they do nothing at all since the flex of the silicone fuel tubing does the same thing.
But....they look SO cool. :D

Saw a car at the LHS where the guy had 3 hooked up in a row. While you get quite a bit of awe factor the guy said he started with 1 - no difference, 2 - no difference, and finally 3 - no difference. He leaves em hooked up for the looks but thats about it.

You want fun and fast? Make a bracket with two aluminum tubes, cap off one side of each tube, put that end to the front. Get two hobby rocket motors, and put them in the tubes. Drill a small hole at the end of each tube, just to drop a clip or something into to keep the motors in. Wire them up to a third channel. Find a LARGE, SMOOTH parking lot, get up to top speed, and ignite the rockets.

---------- Post added at 5:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:53 PM ----------

Oh yea, get video.

Anyone ever used a nitrous bottle on there car? I dont recomend it. it can ruin a real car engine so probaly ruin the little nitro engine.

I used to use alot of Nitro on my 1:1 Drag cars, never had any problems cause by nitrous, they were cause from my very heavy right foot.

Actually when a 1:1 engine is correctly boosted by using Nitrous Oxide, more fuel is added to the mixture giving more power.

Actually when a 1:1 engine is correctly boosted by using Nitrous Oxide, more fuel is added to the mixture giving more power.

Yup and a 300+ shot on a 600 hp engine is a rush from .........well you get the idea

Yes they are very effective for cooling down the electric motor if the belt is routed correctly to the nitro and boost bottles. If you get it right it will bypass ludicrist speed and go straight to plaid.

Yes they are very effective for cooling down the electric motor if the belt is routed correctly to the nitro and boost bottles. If you get it right it will bypass ludicrist speed and go straight to plaid.

I've Never been able to get my trucks up to plaid. i need one of these boost bottles =)

I have only once...never got it back. Sad day...sad day indeed.

I got my truck up to plaid one time using 2 superchargers and a boost bottle. It actually warped time and space. I also pooped myself but I think that was un-related.

Wow...if you time warped that means you must have also had a good bit of Integy on it. NOTHING compliments a NOS fed supercharger with boost bottles like all Integy A-Arms.

Damn guys,What u got in them rigs? I can't get my maxx past 100mph,LOL

Didn't you read, Maddmaxx? They run NOS and superchargers.

Back