Body Paint Color Suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oshow

RC Newbie
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Here is my Subaru STi body, finally got around to doing something with it. So far I've made a make shift front splitter with the plastic left over from the body trimmings. Cut out of the front windows and hood scoop. What color suggestions or paint schemes can you share with me. What else can i do to the body to make it better??
DSC_7462.JPG

As far as a paint & color scheme ,you might want to ask yourself ,what do you like .you can also ,google 1.1 cars
that other people had customized to get an idea ,I had done that before!

One time ,when that Beetle adventure came out on the video game on the 64 ,I had bought that new style
bug body an painted it burgundy with big silver lightning bolts down the side for my Duratrax street force ,
it looked awesome!

I don't know if you want a rallye , tuner ,or a normal car theme!

But ,that's what I would do ,is google some pics of custom cars to get an idea!...:thumbs-up:

Or ,you can find someone to custom paint it for you ,its a little pricey ,but worth it ,I had a guy by
the name of Colors by Dave do one of mine ,it wasn't rattle can stuff ,it air brushed in detail ,he does
awesome true flame work!

As far as a paint & color scheme ,you might want to ask yourself ,what do you like .you can also ,google 1.1 cars

One time ,when that Beetle adventure came out on the video game on the 64 ,I had bought that new style
bug body an painted it burgundy with big silver lightning bolts down the side for my Duratrax street force ,
it looked awesome!

But ,that's what I would do ,is google some pics of custom cars to get an idea!...:thumbs-up:
definitely +1 to this,
or even just looking at other peoples rc and get styles from that. can get deep in the rabbit hole for the detail you want to put into it.
i just got done painting mine for my MGT .21, came out pretty well but was not exactly the intended final result. kinda morphed theme as the paint was going on lol

There is quite a few people out there that paint RC bodies ,I don't even think Dave messes with RC's ,he has
never posted a RC ,he only posted 1000's of custom paint jobs that he does ,an I don't know if he is still
around ,he charged me ,I think it was $ 128 in total for mine ,I told him what I want ,an he hit it out of the park!

What Style are you looking for?

I mean, there certainly is always the option to go with the classic blue & yellow rallye style paintjob with a Subie. :p

Oh, and also an important question, how experienced are you when it comes down to painting bodies?
If you're doing a paintjob for the first time, it may be a good idea to start with something simple.
Here, for example, is my first multi colour paintjob (that I finished today):

Rest of the pictures are in my thread (shameless self promotion :D ): https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/traxxas-stampede-2wd-3s-basher.126294/

Or ,you can find someone to custom paint it for you ,its a little pricey ,but worth it ,I had a guy by
the name of Colors by Dave do one of mine ,it wasn't rattle can stuff ,it air brushed in detail ,he does
awesome true flame work!

awesome true flame work!

This paint work is ON POINT! The work does look pricey but well worth it. So much detail, well beyond my rattle can skills. Id be afraid to run the car with it lol.

What Style are you looking for?

I mean, there certainly is always the option to go with the classic blue & yellow rallye style paintjob with a Subie. :p

Oh, and also an important question, how experienced are you when it comes down to painting bodies?
If you're doing a paintjob for the first time, it may be a good idea to start with something simple.
Here, for example, is my first multi colour paintjob (that I finished today):
View attachment 118900
Rest of the pictures are in my thread (shameless self promotion :D ): https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/traxxas-stampede-2wd-3s-basher.126294/
Well i was going for something Tuner-ish, and the thought of classic Rally Blue w/ gold wheels did cross my mind haha. But its been done so many times. Yellow is on my list, Was looking at the Tamiya Ps-19. And honestly this is only my second attempt at painting a body. First one was sooo many years ago (Glad there are no pics of it ?). You are right though, with my lack of experience i dont want to get too far ahead of myself. So simple will be best....for now.
Yours came out very nicely, awesome work! really liking the green! What Brand and shade is it?

definitely +1 to this,
or even just looking at other peoples rc and get styles from that. can get deep in the rabbit hole for the detail you want to put into it.
i just got done painting mine for my MGT .21, came out pretty well but was not exactly the intended final result. kinda morphed theme as the paint was going on lol

it looked awesome!

Guess I'm leaning towards more of a tuner look. Id like to see some pics of that Beetle, sounds like it came out nicely!

Thank you! :) Although there are a few mistakes on it I am pretty satisfied with the result.
The colours are all from Tamiya. The green is Tamiya PS-23 Translucent Green (=> Neon Green) backed up with Tamiya PS-1 White (You have to back it up with white to get it to look lite it looks on mine). The gray is Tamiya PS-28 Gun Metal.

Do you want to use yellow as the main colour or as accents? I would probably try to get a colour with a nice contrast like Gun Metal or Black. And just an Idea, if you want to go Tuner Style and like my Green, have you thought about Tamiya PS-27 (Translucent / Neon Yellow)?

Well i was going for something Tuner-ish, and the thought of classic Rally Blue w/ gold wheels did cross my mind haha. But its been done so many times. Yellow is on my list, Was looking at the Tamiya Ps-19. And honestly this is only my second attempt at painting a body. First one was sooo many years ago (Glad there are no pics of it ?). You are right though, with my lack of experience i dont want to get too far ahead of myself. So simple will be best....for now.
Yours came out very nicely, awesome work! really liking the green! What Brand and shade is it?

I am currently playing a racing game NFS on the X-box an seen some tuners ,they got some cool color schemes .with
some yellow ,I might can get some pics of them!

As far as that car I use to have ,I don't have pics from the 90's era ,I wished that I did!

Here is a pic of a yellow tuner ,sorry ,I can't get a shot of the whole car ,with this game ,it shows fast clips of
the cars ,but ,they are cool looking cars!

my favorite paint scheme from the NFS series was the unique card vinyl from NFS underground 2, on top of either black or dark blue paint lol.

Here is a pic of a yellow tuner ,sorry ,I can't get a shot of the whole car ,with this game ,it shows fast clips of
the cars ,but ,they are cool looking cars!

That shade of yellow looks good, I've actually decided to go with something on the red side. Tamiya Ps-37. only thing is its a translucent color, not sure what color is best to back it up with? And thanks fir the in game shots! the slits in the fender of the Z gave me an idea:cool:

Back