Body Mod Guys Inside Please...Will It Be Hard To Make This Body Fit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arawak420

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm not so much worried about the wheels lining up. i just want to know how much moding will need to be done to make it fit.
Pro-Line RIDEZ H2 Hummer 190mm R/C Touring Car Body

pro3173p.jpg

here are the specs of the body:
SPECS:
Length: 406mm (16")
Width: 190mm (7.5")
Height: 133mm (5.25")

and the specs for the HPI GT-1 Body:
Length: 490mm (19.3") mine measures 17"in
Width: 170mm (6.7")
Height: 120mm (4.7")
Wheelbase: 300mm (11.8")

Last edited:
Already I have it I guess? I doubt it would take much to make it fit. It's only 5mm off on both sides from the 200mm and that one fits.

It'll look like a Micro Machine on steroids.

cool deal. i just like the low-pro look. think i'll get it

can you post a pic buncrana?

Get this one instead. The lexan is thicker too so its stronger than the ridez version. The look is the same.
3175.jpg

it doesn't look as nice though

it will look better after 3 tanks of gas when its still in 1 piece.

No offense but they are both ugly, I am not a fan of the H2, any way it should work the savage chassis is thin so the 5mm shouldnt really matter, but remember that it is thinner and will break easier

My opinion? Get the ProLine H2 for the Sav (the second one). It's bigger and designed for the Sav. Visually, the differences are minimal. You aren't going to get that slammed look with either of them. It's an MT, not a pimpmobile. I'm sure if you threw a metallic green paint on that second lid it would look just like the first. And it will look more proportional on the Sav chassis.

Hey everyone has a style or preference. Either it will have its own cool look to it. BUT I do think the second one will last longer due to the thickness.

The 190mm body won't look right on the savage since the savage is considered 1/8 scale. The 190mm is designed for the smaller electric 1/10 scale. The wheel openings won't fit correctly and you'll have clearance issues with the rollbar and engine head. Go with the body designed for the savage, the second pic.

The proline military hummer body is by one of the strongest I've seen and used first hand.

Back when it was new.
DSC00313.jpg

does the cooling head and pullstart stick out of the body on the escalade? how are you suppose to crank that thing with the body on? confused.

i see you run your rear tires abckwards as well. better hook-up.

arawak420 said:
does the cooling head and pullstart stick out of the body on the escalade? how are you suppose to crank that thing with the body on? confused.

i see you run your rear tires abckwards as well. better hook-up.
You start it with the body off then stick the body on starting.

Greenwig, that looks like it's on a touring car. Sticking it on a savage would be a different story.

I never really liked the looks of the H2 either, especially on a touring body.

it is ona touring car, I don't thing the savage would be right cause you need really small wheels but I never drive that car anyway, it was a bogus e-bay deal with misleading wording and is a smartech, (a noobie mistake)
personally I think its fugly and if it helps it doesn't fit on my nMT

I don't have the savage together yet to tell you about that

well i got out the shovel and found this post and remembered ta da i put it on the savage 4.6 and to get t he one that i have to fit oyu would have to do some serous cutting in the rear window which I think would be bad for strength

Back