Blu-Ray wins...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I kind of got stuck with a bum steer when I bought my new laptop it had an HD-DVD built in. Aaaaghh......

Yeah, that does suck... My father in law spent like $700 on one 6 months ago. I told him to wait, but the salesman at the Home Theater store sold him on it... Can you say SOL...

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1003

IMHO they both lose.
All the IPTV, and Apple TV they figure out the bandwidth the future is in downloading. Netflix Blockbuster, Xbox 360, and Apple TV are paving the road for things to come.

Yeah, I read this today in the paper. Now I can be confident when I purchase. probably wait a year for the price to come down a little. Now that there is officially only one lasting format there is little short term incentive for Sony to sell them too cheap. Price will come down in time but I think I'm gonna wait till after this Christmas.

As soon as I read Warner Bros. would not release movies on HD DVD any longer I knew it was over.

I immediately pulled the trigger on a PS3.

Sony really lucked out on this. They lost a 10 year battle to VHS with their superior Beta format. If it hadn't been for WB, they could have easily repeated history.

I knew that would happen since the Blu-Ray is a higher density format. More info in the same size. People are all about the more stuff in less space. I called it about two years ago. It has a cooler name anyway.

when wally-world said they would stop carrying them, i knew it was over. and sure enough, a few days later the :surrender...
G4TV had a funeral for HD-DVD. a fitting end for a fitting format...
[ame]http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/videos/20357/HDDVD_Funeral.html[/ame]

Last edited:
When I heard that Netflix was going to rent Blu-rays exclusively it seemed like a done deal. WB was the big nail in the coffin though for sure.

Unless they step up production of the lenses for blue-ray, the consumer will be taking it up the rear end.

Back