blew the 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charby

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i blew the 3.3 tonight, what should i go with?
another traxxas 3.3? or should i go to a picco? .26? .28? throw me some ideas guys

so i blew the 3.3 tonight, what should i go with?
another traxxas 3.3? or should i go to a picco? .26? .28? throw me some ideas guys
Dang! Were you running it in a traxxas model? (don't know if trx is compatable with other rc) How long did the 3.3 last because all this talk about blown 3.3s has me a tad worried...:whhooo:

i just bought the car used so i dono how the previous owner ran the car any other ideas guys?

Axial 28 Spec 1s. sweet motor:D

Axial 28 Spec 1s. sweet motor:D

I really like mine as well, but they run extremely hot, you'll have to get a better cooling head. And you'll get one of two engines... 1) a really good one or 2) a really bad one... there is no in between.

i would buy parts parts, and patch it up. have done it two times. its not hard. just use permatex ultra slick engine assembly lube item #81950 on the inside parts, it will smoke a little on start up, but dont worry. you should be able to get it from any good auto parts house. do not put it in the fuel.

I hear the LRP28R Spec 3 will bolt up with a BB Motor mount.....and they rip ;-)

I always fought with the tune on my 3.3, then a month or 2 ago it cracked the rod. I rebuilt it with a new rod, piston & sleeve, and bearings, and sealed everything up with silicone. I think the thing runs better rebuilt than it did new. If you do rebuild it use an auotmotive engine assembly lube on the internals.

Oh they are awesome engines....not very pricey either. $160 I think? I have an EB Mods LRP28 in my toolbox ;-)

i would try the dynamite 19T, it is made by SH engines, it should be a very good engine, as all other SH engines are. plus, the cooling head is red, what else do you want?

Back