Blade Nano CP X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just picked one up!! I was at my LHS and a guy walked in wanting to return a RTF version, he had just received it as a Christmas gift and couldn't handle it. He flew it once in his kitchen, crashed it which ended up breaking the skid. Being as he had flown it, he couldn't return it, soooo I offered him $100 and he took it. This is my first non-coaxial heli, it's a handful but boy is it fun. I brought it out behind the shop and pulled of a loop, and I also had it inverted for a little bit. I ended up shattering the canopy on one of my crashes, so I'll be getting a blue one next week. Anyone else have one?

Thinking about one. Is it as fun to fly as the mCX?

I have an MSR but the nano is on my to get list, defiantly a cool little heli! Where in LA are you located?

Yes, I had an MCX2 and was pretty bored with it. This one will definitely keep you on your toes, have you flown anything other than coaxial?

I have an MSR but the nano is on my to get list, defiantly a cool little heli! Where in LA are you located?

Barksdale AFB, it's in Bossier City, right across the River from Shreveport.

Barksdale AFB, it's in Bossier City, right across the River from Shreveport.

My brother in law lives in Bossier near the Toyota dealership.

---------- Post added at 8:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:31 PM ----------

You might want to try something like the MSR or msrx before going to the nano cpx, those mofo's can be very twitchy! You have to know what you want to do before you do it, trying to react to the heli will result in damage!

My brother in law lives in Bossier near the Toyota dealership.

My LHS is right down the street, let me know if you're visiting between now and March, we can bash or go to the air field.

You might want to try something like the MSR or msrx before going to the nano cpx, those mofo's can be very twitchy! You have to know what you want to do before you do it, trying to react to the heli will result in damage!
This thing is much more to handle than the MCX2, I just couldn't pass it up.

I'm also not a fan of the trx, the DX4E isn't set up like I'm used to. I've never flown with anything (besides the MCX2 trx), but I've watched and a "practiced" handling the DX8. I went to hit the throttle hold, but it was actually just putting me in low rates, I forgot to switch back into high and didn't realize until I was trying to come out of inverted.....that's when I shattered my canopy lol (I'll blame it on the cold making it brittle).

I also fly an mSR and was trying to decide between the nano and mSRX.

Well, my main board is done. I'm thinking there may have been a bad batch, we had a guy come in with a MCP X that had a bad board out of the box. I called Horizon and they're sending me a new one, hopefully it'll get here soon, I was having a blast with it.

You flipped the wrong switch.

Yea, technically. I was familiar with the DX8 layout though, that's what all the guys at my shop use and I had made myself familiar with it. On those the throttle hold is on the right, on the DX4 though, it's a button on the left. The idle up is a little weird as well, Down= on and Up= off.

Well.....
2013-01-16173512.gif

2013-01-07233056.gif

2013-01-07233040.gif

A new frame, new landing gear and new canopy....and I'm back in the air.

2013-01-26090912.gif

I need to get the bushing set for the head, I came in pretty fast and when I pulled up (to slow down) both of my blades flew off....still in the grips. Luckily I was coming in to land, so I was only a couple feet off the ground, the only thing I lost was ONE stupid shim.
2012-12-30105349.gif

I would highly recommend two things;

1. a good computer radio like a DX7 (you can get by with a 6i, but you'll outgrow it, just trust me)

2. a good simulator like Phoenix or the like.

Going straight from a coaxial bird like the MCX to the nano is a huge leap to put it mildly. An MSR or MSR x would have been a better stepping stone. I'm not trying to be a know it all or anything, I've just been there are done that is all.

CP helis are hands down the hardest hobby I've ever had, no question. The smaller the heli is, the twitchier it is, which really makes it a handful when learning. Some of that can be toned down using a good computer radio system.

The MSR x feels very close to a CP heli in flight hamz, very twitchy and responsive, with none of the self correcting nature of the original MSR. You fly the heli the whole time.

Yea, I've already ordered the MSR X. They're $99.99 right now, I'm thinking they're trying to get rid of them and make room for a brushless version. I'm also using a Dx6i now as well, it's much easier than the Dx4. I wasn't planning on getting the Nano due to it being so fast and CP, but I could pass up a RTF for $100.

Well, I decided to knock the dust off of my MCX2. I had thought the servo was dead, but after looking into it more, I found a couple of the teeth were messed up. After "cleaning them up with a knife, I worked the gears by hand to "work" the mesh in. That had it back in the air....until my wife wanted to fly it. After she slammed it into our ceiling, and then it took a 28' drop to the floor, it had a slight vibration from a bent main shaft...but was still flyable. She then proceeded to slam into our wall, this hit snapped the flybar. I replaced all of the broken parts and then decided to bind it to my DX6, I used some settings I found online and they really woke the little guy up. I really like this thing again, my kids have a blast chasing it and then being chased by it. I have WAY more control over this one, so I'm way less likely to smack one of them with it. I am waiting on my feathering shaft for my Nano, as well as my MSR X. Hopefully the MSR X will help me with the Nano, even though I flew it all weekend without any major crashes and no damage.

The mCX is a tough little bird. I slammed one into a showcase at my LHS after someone walked by quickly and nothing was wrong afterwards. The guy that worked there picked it up and flew it with no problems. My mSR is just as tough.

The mCX is a tough little bird. I slammed one into a showcase at my LHS after someone walked by quickly and nothing was wrong afterwards. The guy that worked there picked it up and flew it with no problems. My mSR is just as tough.

Yeah, Blade can make some tough little micros. I can't get over how different my MCX2 is with a computerized radio, BIG difference between stock. I can actually make it outfly itself, if I try to make a hard banking turn too fast, the flybar will actually pull it over and there's nothing you can do. Much more fun now.

Would the nano cpx be too much for my 13 year old son? He can fly his lite hawk 2 better than me. I like to get him something bigger...

I think so, it's a HUGE jump from a coaxial, especially if it's one of the 3ch ones. I can't find out if the Lite Hawk is 3 or 4 ch, I'd look at Blade's site, and look at a fixed pitch. The Nano is extremely touchy, it can be tuned down, if you have a computerized trx, but RTF is a handful.

Well, I just picked up my MSR X. This little guy is awesome, MUCH easier than the Nano and way more fun than the MCX2. I flew it at my LHS with the stock trx and it did pretty good, I just set it up on my DX6 and can't wait to get it out tomorrow and really see how it does.

My MCX2

2013-02-01233258_zpsc0433a25.gif

2013-02-01233315_zps739598d8.gif

My MSR X

2013-02-01235854_zps94a8b530.gif

2013-02-01233434_zps8b6abd66.gif

My Nano CPx

2013-02-01233339_zps93126ca2.gif

2013-02-01233355_zps5bcddc13.gif

For size comparison

2013-02-01233627_zps0ed0c7ca.gif

The whole fleet