Blade mCX charging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkore

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Quick question: are the rechargable AA batteries not recommended for the charging dock (to recharge the Li-ion battery for the heli)?

I haven't flown for at least 6 months and I freshly charged the AA's, then charged the battery pack off those, and I'm only getting 5-8 mins flight time.

Should I stick with regular alkaline batteries, or is my Li-ion battery just getting old?

(or, are there better rechargable AA's out there? these are Energizer brand)

Thanks!

If you can you might want to see if there is an AC adapter for the charger. A lot of the time after sitting, the batteries need more than AA batteries can supply. You might also want to try some of the Lithium AA batteries that have more current out than alkalines.

I'm going to time my next flight using fresh alkalines, and then again using these rechargables. I suspect its the rechargables more than anything. As I think about it, the AAA's always showed an 80% charge on a RIO mp3 player after a fresh charge, while an alkaline showed 100%

I've only see a custom mod of the charger base to use an AC adapter...a bit out of my skillset.

AA Nimh are 1.2 volts per cell vs 1.5 for AA alkalines.

Is the charger the same one used by the Blade MSR? The Li-Po batts look the same. Just get the AC adapter used by the MSR charger if they are the same charger. I have never had an issue with a full charge using the charger that came with the MSR.

Back