Blade cx2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmyjato

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How is the e-flite blade cx2 for me. I've only flown little micro 60 dollar helis but I did master those and I wanted to move up to something better. Any input is appreciated

The Blade MSR is also a good choice I've found to learn on. It lets you learn to better control a single rotor heli . It is fixed pitch and stable. I got it down after about 2 afternoons of flying. Its small enough that when you crash It rarely gets hurt if you're off the power before impact and replacement parts are cheap.

The MSR is nice as well, but keep in mind it's not intended for outdoors at all.
The least little wind, and that things outta here. I've been wanting an MCX myself for inside.

I just got a CX2 from a member on here and spent some time today with it getting it dialed in and all I can say is its A BLAST! I would reccomend it for sure.

yea the cx2 is a great choice for starting. My bud's son is only 9 i think, never flown anything, and held it in a stable hover 3 feet off the ground first time flying it. Very good "learner" helis. They not crazy about wind though...slightest breeze and they'll go off course. I've also flown the MSR. Good heli but controls are alot touchier than the CX2. MSR definitely for indoors..lol good luck : )

-Nitro

I have a CX3 which is almost identical to the CX2. A few improvements and a annoyance that the thing is built inside it's canopy so you need to "build the ship in the bottle" when doing repairs.

The CX3 feels fairly nimble indoor in close quarters, but feels rather slow and dull outdoors.

It has a top speed forward of about 2 or 3mph, so any wind at all and you spend most of your flight with the right stick all the way forward trying to hover.

I would have thought that the mSR would fair better outdoors. It looks a little lighter, but it can at least shift a bit faster than the CX, allowing it to make some progress into a headwind. Haven't flown one though.

EFlite are also releasing the "SR" soon, which is a non-micro version of the mSR.

Back