bit of help needed please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooksy89

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
For some reason my tmaxx starts then idles then starts to go full throttle just lucky I started it in the garage not on the road lol

A couple things first to help determine the issue. What sort of rx/tx are you using and is any part of the rx damaged like the antenna or male prongs on the rx? Check for damaged wires on your servo, rx and rx pack. Make sure your rx pack is fully charged, and eliminate any "kinks/pinches" that are within your jungle of wires. And to prevent a runaway rig, install a throttle return spring from your throttle arm to your engine mount or a similar spot that will pullbthe throttle closed incase of lost signal between you and the truck.

Also, does your truck idle for awhile or does it go bat poop crazy right after startup?

Pretty Much idles for a few seconds then goes full throttle I'll have a look over it for the things you have suggested hopefully it will become normal once again lol

if your using just standard AA type batteries in it, they go bad with age. If so, then replace those right away. If your using rechargeable batteries are they in good shape and hold charge? Either way low powered/dead batteries can cause any number of rx/tx glitch's.

Then do what HPI-Killer says and check everything for kinks or shorted leads.

Can you replicate the WOT while just setting with power on but engine off? Or only happens when it runs?

Ok put in new recharable batteries and changed the carb to a spare one I had around cause the blue throttle part wasn't going back in that fixed the problem but now i think I've broken the new one I had
aja8ugyt.jpg
fuel comes pissing out we're the arrow is pointed to and it feels like it's stripped as I can't tighting it In there I just pulls out now I can't seem to win with this thing lol

Last edited:
JB Weld or exopy is ur best friend in situations like that, a toothpick or similar will give u the accurate dose

Thanks man that didn't even enter my mind lol seems all I do is fix this truck run 2 mins then something else brakes lol

Thanks man that didn't even enter my mind lol seems all I do is fix this truck run 2 mins then something else brakes lol

Glad I can help & welcome to my world lol thats why I am mainly a scale crawler guy, much much slower and harder to break parts.

. Do note that you will want to make sure that you remove 100% of oil & dirt, or it'll just be a glued waste of time.... Personally I use denatured/rubbing alcohol for this sort of task and does the job with ease.

I done a dodgy job with a hot glue gun just to try and tune it to fix some other problems till I can buy some proper stuff tomorrow tuning it is being a pain some reason it goes from lean to fuel running out the muffler and the motor seems to not run unless I hold my finger over the muffler to build compression. Think I should just get a new motor lol

Last edited: