Biggest of the big for my T-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking to slap something into my T-Maxx that is bigger and has more HP than my Hyper 21. I was looking for bigger displacement as well as bigger hp. Any suggestions?

Well Ofna .25 is the ony bigger i can think of if you want more power you can go 8port if you are running a 4 port if not you may have to dump some serious cash on a RB unlimted engine selection X

Thanks X. You beat me to the Mook. I told him about the Ofna .25 and the RB engines. Guess my word isn't good enough for you anymore oh great breaker of the RC.

Man I can't belive I forgot one. If you dont want to spend the huge money look at the xtm 24.7 a friend I bash with has one and loves it and its a POWER HOUSE.

xtm 24.7 Only one thing though people complain about the small head and them getting hot. He droped some cash on a Nova Head that looks like they made it from enough aluminum to machine a 15 inch centerline wheel. Anyway after the head upgrade no worries he loves it and I have seen it run and its a mad man.
Nova Pro Racing Head its a beauty X

THunder Tiger makes good racing engines if you want speed and power buy one of them.. for a .21 it dosent burn that much fuel and it runs cool. Its got so much power it makes my buggy go 65mph plus with a single speed trany.

Originally posted by RaCinJason399
THunder Tiger makes good racing engines if you want speed and power buy one of them.. for a .21 it dosent burn that much fuel and it runs cool. Its got so much power it makes my buggy go 65mph plus with a single speed trany.

We have to listen to this again? Please be realistic jason. X

What'd I miss? Where's there a link on the performance of this.

X, thanks for the link.

I looked around i didn't see any break down on it but i saw this in a few mags.
XTM claims the 24.7 is good for 2.6 horsepower.

I the friend of X that runs the 24.7. It is now in my new Hybrid Maxx and I must say that after working the tune this weekend while bashing, it was screaming like a rapped ape.

I really like the engine. Like X mentioned, I did drop some cash on the Nova Head. It does a good job. Too good at times. I run the stock head in the winter and will run the Nova head in July/August when it get hot in Tulsa.

Anyway, Hobby People has a sale on the 24.7 now...

SG shaft http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/146027.asp
Reg Shaft http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/146028.asp

I would have to agree on the xtm .247. It has a rating of 2.6bhp at like 30,000 rpms or something. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I'll probably buy one after I return from the Desert, I'll have a ton of cash since it'll be a tax free zone for me.

Back