Big bore shocks?/RPM Parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Endlessnitro

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys. I got 2 a simple questions. (I hope). I just got a set of big bore shocks and put the oil in them that came with it and bled them. They justs seams soft. I was thinging of puting 40w or 50w in them. Is that a good idea? Or is that 2 much? Also i orderd RPM control arms, axle carriers and a rear true track kit, because i keep brakeing the front arms and axle carriers. Will the RPM ones last?;) Thank you any info wound be great.

i like a 50 wt with traxxas two hole pistons not too heavy but not too light also depends on what kind of driving you r doing search the forum if you want more info on that there is a ton of info on shock oil weights,as for the rpm a arms they r probly the best,you wont b able to run your suspension real high with the tru track because the axle nuckles rub bad,a cvd kit in the rear should solve that though.

You can purchase an aftermarket spring kit for minimal $ that will allow you to adjust how stiff/soft you want to have your rig.+1 for hotrod. I prefer the 2 hole setup with 40wt myself but the RPM arms are by far the best upgrade for the suspension IMO. And you have a lifetime gaurantee against breakage

RPM is always the best for any application of RC style IMHO. Gaurenteed for life and wont bend or buckle like aluminum parts.

Sweet. That's good to hear. Thanks for the info guys.