Big Block Axial Mini MGT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CranKitUP

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
its been nearly one year since I've had Mini MGT. I've had 4 different engines on my truck..the stocker, O.S. CV-r 18, Axial .32, and currently an Axial .28rr. The truck handled all the engines without a problem. The best all around engine was the O.S. , BUT the funnest are the Big Blocks. The .32 had more low end...but i like the .28rr because of its top speed. I'm also using the highest tooth clutch bell so its not too wheely happy.

MMGT with O.S. 18
IMG_3043.jpg

MMGT with Axial .32 and my MGT with Ofna .32
ff.jpg

IMAGE_008.jpg

IMAGE_011.jpg

IMAGE_015.jpg

Axial .28rr
IMAGE_033.jpg

IMAGE_038-1.jpg

IMAGE_037.jpg

IMAGE_043.jpg

IMAGE_055-1.jpg

IMAGE_054.jpg

2.jpg

Nice truck man and good history and pics to go with it......Many more enjoyable years with it and the big dog MGT too..........I have a MGT with Axial.32 as one of my trucks recently rebuilt after a sick bashing match that cost me an engine ,transmission,a-arms, axles and a steering servo with bellcrank.Its rebuilt with alot of bolt-on goodies from Integy and Proline to make me want to not want to bash it up anymore but that notion will be a short lived one once the others wont run and roll anymore......which be quite soon the way I've been bashing them lately;-lol...So far its been thouroughly broken in and cruised up and down the street plus a tankful around the yard and I'm getting the itch to take it for some pitjumping and hillclimbing.lol

Attachments

• 100-0041.jpg
    100-0041.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 100-0016.jpg
    100-0016.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 100-0055.jpg
    100-0055.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Sweeet Caddy body....and the rims are sick also.
The Conversion was very ez using New Era BB kit... (took about a lil over an hour to install). Just put the engine mount on the engine and change 1 bell crank (both included in New era kit...as a matter of fact thats all ithe kit comes with...). I've had no problems with the tranny or any drive train part.
When i first installed the .32, i was a lil cautious and i didn't drive the truck hard, being real ez on the throttle....after a while I was driving it like i stole it and to my surprise everything is holding up after 3 months.

Heres a Vid...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man....That truck of yours is a really froggy one and sounds good , looks like fun to drive and in need of a wheely bar;-lol...Thats a pretty cool looking place you're running it at .....With a couple shovels and some imagination you can turn that place into a really sweet bashing arena..

Last edited:
gave it to a friend already for his MGT