best wheels for a maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmaxx65

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,I need your opinion on Somthing what would you think would be the best wheel and tire option for the maxx.I mostly use mine in gravel and some lite bashing.I have a rb523 in it so wieght is not a problem.Also should i stick with the 14 hex or go to the 17

With that power I would upgrade to a 17mm hex,this will also give you a lot more wheel options,check out proline or eBay ,imo a proline badland is a really great tire,its a bit small compared to a big Joe or trencher but size is deceiving in this case,also there are wheels that have different backspacing which will widen the stance of your truck,if a wheel your looking at says zero offset then it is not wider,if you were looking at a wheel that has a 1/2 offset then the truck would be 1" wider

transmited from a mobile communications device

I like my SPI racing rims.
My tmaxx is fully upgraded, steel cvd's all steel trans grears, upgraded diff gears, high end clutch and so on, with that said, i like to run 14mm hex's, i need some place that i know is a weak spot, incase something has to go, it's the hex. If you want a variety of options, 17mm is the next best choice.

I like RPM stablemaxx wheels with the 17mm hex. Plus you can dye them any color ypou want.

I like RPM stablemaxx wheels with the 17mm hex. Plus you can dye them any color ypou want.

Yeah I forgot about the stablemax wheels,nice choice as well,..hey hulk are they making a 40 series size yet?

transmited from a mobile communications device

Not sure I would like to have those revolver wheels in 40 series that would be awsome. Also the 40 series Axial bead lock wheels are awsome. I have a set on my revo. here is a pic. Prob be getting another set for my new race maxx setup:D

View attachment 12438

Last edited:
Not sure I would like to have those revolver wheels in 40 series that would be awsome. Also the 40 series Axial bead lock wheels are awsome. I have a set on my revo. here is a pic. Prob be getting another set for my new race maxx setup:D

View attachment 12438

^^nice shocks!! Nah, that thing looks sweet! I love the wheels.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

^^nice shocks!! Nah, that thing looks sweet! I love the wheels.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

yah the integy shocks were on this rig when I got it as a roller. But you know I have never had any probs with them yet.

yea i was looking at them axial beadlocks in a 40 series they have them in blue and there real beadlocks too.I was also looking at them trenchers also.I think thats the route I'm going to go.Now i will have to get a bigger servo to turn those suckers.It never ends,lol