Best Way to spend 100 bucks on a Stock T-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortysman999

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was wondering what the best hop-up for a completely stock
T-maxx would be if I wanted to spend about 100 dollars. It should be somewhere in that price range. I was thinking about upgrading the suspension arms. Are the Proline one's any good

Thanks

HMMM, how about some aluminum body shocks and stiffer springs. If you have $$$ left over a different tooth clutch bell or an RRP Dbl Disk slipper.

what about the .15 for me here pretty soon. Getting one from a friend :banana: I think he wants me to go broke

#1. RPM stuff......

OR Shocks, tuned pipe That's all i can think of right now. $100 is enough for a full set of RPM arms, shocktowers and a few of their other stuff.

spend you money on a set of aluminum shocks.
the stock shocks suck ass and will pop over and over

I bought BigBore shocks

the springs that come with the big bores are rediculously soft and useless. I replaced 4 of the shock springs with the original t-maxx springs and put the biggest spacer on it and the other 4 with even stiffer springs. I get a good smooth, controlled ride and i can practically jum anything without breaking the shocks

I would have to agree with SDMaxx. I believe you can get everything from RPM for your T-Maxx for about $100.

Or you can go with Al shocks and stiffer springs. The total cost is about $100. If you go with shocks I would go for the Dynamite threaded shocks and Trinity Springs. You won't blow shock caps on these shocks.

IMO, the best place to start would be a good set of shocks and springs. I really like the Dynamite/Losi aluminum threaded body shocks, with trinity blue springs. You should be able to get them for your $100 budget. This will be a great improvement over the stock ones.

Back