Best solution to breaking Tmaxx bulkheads?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whtbrokenow

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I have broken bulkheads once or twice and inorder to replace the rear ones you need to remove the engie which is sorta a pain.

In you're guys experiance what is the best bulkhead to buy or method to strenghen them?

btw anyone used the RPM bulk head braces? I can't see why those would be much stroinger then the stock pieces.

Go with some machined aluminum bulkheads and you can forget about breaking them. Stay away from cast parts like Integy makes. Rpm a-arms and 3.3 driveshafts and knuckles is the way to go. 4908 tie rods as well.

My ex 2.5 currently has:

1. 3.3 with resonator pipe
2. 4907 tranny
3. 4908 knuckles
4. 4908 tie rods
5. 4908 drivelines all the way around
6. 4908 bell crank
7. And lastly the RPM skid plates and RPM bumpers

I was looking into machined bulkheads, just kinda wondering what brands people have tried and liked

Last edited:
what exactally where you doing to break a bulkhead? i truly abuse my maxx 3.3 and have only broken shocks towers a-arms and axel carriers.
my best advice is to STOP what your doing!!!!!!

... or snatch up some 'lumies. I'm personally diggin rd logics.

Haha yea idk it happened last season and when i took my truck apart the other day one had gotten really loose. I'm just looking for something solid for the rear set. The front set I dont mind some much being plastic.
Was thinking maybe the aluminum ones wouldnt strip the screws holes out as easily and could maybe be locktighted.

www.neweramodels.com they carry the toughest aluminum bulkheads I've seen and the price is pretty good too. You can buy both sets from them for about he same price as one set from traxxas.

Alright thanks a lot, I'll have to check them out.

I got sick of replacing bulkheads all the time so i put on aluminum bulkheads. They have fixed my problem. Normaly you do not want to use aluminum except on bulkheads. Pick up a set of RPM a arms as well.

I got sick of replacing bulkheads all the time so i put on aluminum bulkheads. They have fixed my problem. Normaly you do not want to use aluminum except on bulkheads. Pick up a set of RPM a arms as well.

Yea I have tried to stay away from aluminum parts, I have looked into the RPM A-arms But I just figured id run my stock set until it became a problem. Thanks for the advice though!