best glue to fix a body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevox3

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:D Been having a blast but i was taking my truck home form the park across from my house and i turned into the driveway to fast and hit my wifes van the van is fine the truck broke a bumper shock and cracked the body. I was just wondering what kind of glue to use to fix it. Thanks in advance

Unless something better has come along, people used to use Shoo Goo on the inside of the body to help cracks. There's nothing you really can do to completely heal it. The goo will basically flex while running, but still hold together to keep the crack from getting worse. If you want to add a little insurance, drill very small holes through the plastic right at the very ends of the crack. The trued edges of the drill holes will keep the crack from spreading any further.

Yup, Shoe Goo. Use clear tape or packaging tape to hold the body in place when the crack is lined up, then apply a bead along the crack on the inside and taper it down with your finger on each side. Let it sit at least 24 hours.

thanks guys i even have some in the house I can always count on your great advice

Shoo Goo is the stuff, nothing works as good as it does. I will also take a scrap piece of lexan and shoo goo it inside the body over the crack. The stuff works incredibly well.

all done now if i would quit taring stuff up all would be good. Wife asked how things went and i told her nothing a hunderd doller bill can't fix. mybe she won't mind when it really cost me.

hay rolex, what time do you have to be back at the HOME?

What also works, better than Shoo Goo by itself, is self-sticking fiberglass drywall tape over the crack, then Shoo Goo pressed into the tape and the crack. I put that on one of my bodies and it works pretty good.

Back