Best (cheap!) onboard HD camera

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I baught and own the GoPro 1 for $160 with accesories, and there is very little vibrations if at all when mounted to anything but your body, hell I have duck taped it to my 12ga shotgun and gone hunting with NO vibrations at all.

GoPro is waterproof too, and as some members know, I NEED waterproofed things :hehe:

where did you get it one for $160? Was it new? Every where I look it's $300.

Thats for the gopro Hero 2. the originals arent that expensive. IMO the Hero2 is worth every penny.

where did you get it one for $160? Was it new? Every where I look it's $300.

on a local sell site like Craigslist. The 1 should NEVER be over $250 w/ accessories. And no she was barely used.

The ONLY drawback that doesn't really bother me is there is no LCD screen to see what your shooting but the GoPro has such a large fisheye lense it captures what you need at almost any reasonable angle.

Hi guys,
Speaking strictly of high quality gear, If you don't mind spending a little more money for the complete package, $299.00, let's say I'm 99% satisfied with my replay XD 1080p action video cam. Comes with great very secure camera mounts.
Only wish it was assembled with more internal battery time (it only takes one hour to charge though) and larger memory card, but aside from those things, which by the way can be alleviated with larger micro card memory and/or an available add on battery pack. Plenty of settings for different film speed and there is already an os update available for download at their website. They also have a slow moving forum for owners, to share the fun with your camera.

Chas

Last edited:
The gopro3 is coming out soon, so the 2's prices should start coming down.

If I recall, they have a new GoPro 3 Black Edition coming out, and looks awesome!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3PDXmYoF5U"]GoPro HERO3: Black Edition - Smaller, Lighter and 2X More Powerful - YouTube[/ame]

Those cheap spy cameras are garbage. If you're going to spend some $$ you need something better than that. You should be able to pick up a GP on Ebay for about $125-$150. And when you upload your videos, usually the program you use has image stabilization that will take out a lot of vibration.

Last edited:
YOu can get the 808 keychain HD cam for $40 off ebay, and the footage is shockingly good if you need something very small. Make sure the version you buy does 1280x720 though, many advertise as HD when it only does 720x480.

I'll second what Alpine said, the GoPro is an awesome, tough setup for sure. The HD hero 2 is now $199 since the 3 just launched the other day.

YOu can get the 808 keychain HD cam for $40 off ebay, and the footage is shockingly good if you need something very small. Make sure the version you buy does 1280x720 though, many advertise as HD when it only does 720x480.

I'll second what Alpine said, the GoPro is an awesome, tough setup for sure. The HD hero 2 is now $199 since the 3 just launched the other day.

Yes it looks like the keychain 808 takes good video but the field of view is not as wide. For the price, it looks like a good deal.

I baught and own the GoPro 1 for $160 with accesories, and there is very little vibrations if at all when mounted to anything but your body, hell I have duck taped it to my 12ga shotgun and gone hunting with NO vibrations at all.

GoPro is waterproof too, and as some members know, I NEED waterproofed things :hehe:

if you quit dumping your rigs in the stream......we would not have to worry about waterproofing !!! LOL !!! looked good floating though !!!!:p:

Back