best after run procedure?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE BOSS

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi guys, just woderin do i have to use actual after run oil or can i use wd-40, and also what oil do i put in my air filter after i clean it. also what is the best glow plug to use in my hpi savage x 4.6. thanks.

After run oil and glow plug

As far as after run oil , we use a special blend that we make up ,but we use to use WD-40 and that works well also.;)
For the air filter we use a special oil for foam air filters and squeeze them out well in a baggy, don't put oil on the outter filter.:)
For your glow plug question we run the best that we think is out there and that is MERLIN glow plugs.:first_place:
We hope this helps you out.Please feel free to contact us.:D

Ed
S&E Motorsport
S&E Raceway

air filter oil

so what exactly is this oil called, someone told me that 30 weight motor oil will do the same.

so what exactly is this oil called, someone told me that 30 weight motor oil will do the same.

Marvel Mystery Oil mixed with some engine restore.

i used to use the hobbico after run oil now I'm using some other crap that my lhs gave me, as for filter oil, i use the associated prefilter treatment

All the oil is doing is coating you engine to prevent it from rusting or forming any corrosion . I have found that marvles mystery oil works awesome. You have to remember that these are 2-cycle engines and you do not want a heavy weight oil building up in the engine. As for motor oil I would not use it. The motor oil is not made to be burnt off the next time you run your engine and will start to gunk up.

For the air filter you can reuse them for some time and they don't need to be replaces EVERY time you run the Savage. just make sure that you check for excessive dirt build up and apply some air filter oil and squeeze the air filter a bit so that the oil is coating the filter evenly.

As for the glow plug... I run an OS #8 in all of mine but it all depends on what you want.