Beginner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul griffith

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have just purchased the Tanya hornet and have started to build it. It is my first kit for over 30 years and wanted something to do whilst in lock down. My kit came with controller and spare batteries so when finished I should be ready to go, but come up against my first problem. I am at the stage where I have to put the electric in but the motor has two wires comiing off of it green and yellow but I have three wires from the control unit blue orange and yellow, can somebody tell me which ones to pair together, I assume yellow and yellow but what one do I put with the green. Any help much appreciated

What make and model number is the ESC? It sounds like you have a brushed motor and a brushless ESC. Some of them are capable of handling brushed motors but you should have instructions to tell you which wire's to use for the brushed motor

better check on what esc that is...isnt it a tamiya hornet?.

Blue brushed motor neg-....Yellow is +....you will also need to select brushed motor mode b4 hooking up motor thru esc..https://www.tamiyausa.com/media/files/45057ml-801-efb9.pdf
for tble-02 esc

Welcome in Paul...

Hi.jpg

What make and model number is the ESC? It sounds like you have a brushed motor and a brushless ESC. Some of them are capable of handling brushed motors but you should have instructions to tell you which wire's to use for the brushed motor
Hi it’s a TBLE-02S and yes it is a brushless esc I have read the booklet 3 times and nowhere does it tell me which two to connect to the motor, but it does tell me that yellow is + and blue is - so I assume in my case green would be -

Then just hook up your yellow and blue wires to the motor. If it turns the wrong direction just swap the wires and it will turn the other way.

look at my link I gave you I told you what wires where what , cap off unused wire zip tie it to itself keep from damaging...

I have just purchased the Tanya hornet and have started to build it. It is my first kit for over 30 years and wanted something to do whilst in lock down. My kit came with controller and spare batteries so when finished I should be ready to go, but come up against my first problem. I am at the stage where I have to put the electric in but the motor has two wires comiing off of it green and yellow but I have three wires from the control unit blue orange and yellow, can somebody tell me which ones to pair together, I assume yellow and yellow but what one do I put with the green. Any help much appreciated
Oh ohh !!! With out looking it sounds like you got a Brushless ESC I wouldn’t connect nothing but a Brushless motor to it .!