Bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knights

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Getting a new 3.3 engine. I want to replace all the bearing to help new engine to run as cool as it can. I have seen alot of different types of bearings. I am looking to spend 20 to $40 on them. Can I get a upgrade from stock for this much? Which ones should I get?

if you want to get good bearings that run cooler get ceramics boca bearings are top notch along with avid bearings. Bear in mind they are pretty expensive. but i havnt priced them enough to know how much they are off the top of my head.

The lightening performance boca ceramics are around $35 and the high performance ceramics are $59 for the set. I've got the LP ones in my LRP .28 and the HP Ones in my picco .26 max. Both are doing great and ceramics withstand higher heat and more RPM than normal bearings.

wow i skateboard and bearings in that make a big difference in your ride but i never thought the bearing that are smaller could be so much more money

I run fast eddie bearings in all my race trucks, i gtry to stay away from ceramic (personal opinion) i have never had any luck with them.

---------- Post added at 1:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:38 PM ----------

wow i skateboard and bearings in that make a big difference in your ride but i never thought the bearing that are smaller could be so much more money

you have to think about how many RPM's these bearings have to turn, unlike a bearing in a skateboard.

i run rubber seals on most everything, except my clutch bell bearings on my nitros, i used metal seals on those. It really depends on application.

The boca ceramics i use in engine. I also use fast eddy bearings on the rest. Clutchbell, wheels and other applications on trucks and car.